1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

basslines

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by krisdouglas, Apr 26, 2010.

1. krisdouglas

krisdouglas

Apr 26, 2010
    houston, tx
    i'm interested in the seymour duncan basslines quarter pound pickups for pbass. anybody love 'em/hate 'em? i got a project bass i wanna hotrod...

2. dmc again

dmc again

May 14, 2006
    Elloree, SC
    I've used this one: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/basslines/progressive-1/scpb3_quarterpo/

in my Fender 51 P Re-Issue. From what I remember of it, it sounded pretty good. That's the only experience I've had with 1/4 pounders though. But I'll be getting in a 1/4 pounder jazz pickup soon. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about it that I did with the other 1/4 pounder.

Great pickup in my [limited] experience.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I like the quarter pounder and Pro active P bass pups. The other basslines P pups, not so much. A bit to pop, country, and soft classic rock oriented. to me. I prefer more aggressive modern sound. This based on other peeps basses that have had them in them, rather then any Ive owned with. I've only owned and used their preamps. Which I rather like btw.

4. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have the vintage p and the hot stack J in my P-Lyte, looking for a warmer low end growl with less upper mids but not scooped. Would the QPs get me there?

5. i have the quarter pound p bas pups in my 08 mia p. and they are very loud. if you tend to play a little heavy with a pick then i might not look into those. i wound up taking them out and putting the stock ones back in. plus for some reason when i played my pbass through my svt-cl head it sounded like it was peaking the preamp section. there a very midrange heavy pickup.