Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basslinks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Marcus Johnson, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    OhBoy...just finished a quick visit to Basslinks DB section. I think the first three threads finished it for me....gonna have to do a Fuqua maneuver over there.

Long Live TalkBass.

2. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    basslinks = cool

dont bash basslinks.. it's troll-free :D

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Thank's for slagging the forum. sorry it wasn't good enough for you :rolleyes:

Bye!

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Would somebody please explain to old DURRL what this whole conversation is about? I just popped over to BL and couldn't even find three active threads in the DB section, much less anything that required a FOGHORN. What am I missing? Enlighten me, oh multi-forumed ones!:confused:

5. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I don't know.. I guess we weren't old, crusty, and curmudgeonly enough for him over there ;)

I've enjoyed what I've seen of Marcus Johnson's posts, but if he doesn't like it, then thats fine. I just don't appreciate the fact that he felt the need to come over here and basically say it sucks. If that's how he's gonna be, then fine, he can just stay here on TB for all I care.

I don't go to Basslinks and say that Talkbass with the trolls and the annoying people sucks. I think thats immature and childish, and it solves nothing.

Meh.. whatever. No loss as far as I can see it.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    My apologies, Nick, et. al. hadda helluva week.
    Saw a thread mentioning smashing old DBs and replacing them with "newbies", more Cremora bass stuff, and a suggestion for studying Carol Kaye for DB info, and my temporarily crusty old brain snapped. Slept on it and realized I was a bit rash. Sorry if I offended anyone. This is why I don't teach.

Now, I begin a long vacation. MJ.

7. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Where is that thread? That's not cool...

Well, have fun on your vacation!

8. mflaherty

mflaherty Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    This is the forum Marcus is talking about:

basslinks.nl doublebass forum

The three threads he referred to are:

Time to buckle down

L'Orchestre de Contrebasses

Cremona dbl. Bass

Long Live TalkBass,

Mike F.