Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassmaker's Websites

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Who do you guys think has the best website. My vote is for Celinder. That cite is too impressive. Those basses are out of my price range, but if I could scratch up the dough, I would buy one in a heartbeat. The only problem is the bassist they use for samples is so good, it almost makes me not want to pick up a bass again. :help:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sadowsky, tis a nice site. :)

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    i really like Alembic's site. Not just 'cause I'm an Alembic junkie, but also because it has:

• a cool quote generator (which can induce $hock)
    • Custom of the Month that goes into deep detail on how and why the instrument was made
    • a link to the Alembic Club where the company sponsors the bandwidth and we owners yack incessantly
    • a list tracking stolen Alembics. If you're considering buying one, you can check the list just to be sure.

I also really like Ken Smith's site because it is so informative, particularly about wood characteristics and contribution to sound. Ken also provides not only his list price, but the more realistic "street" price.

Peace,

James

4. MTD's site is very nice, its very easy to get around.
    Also Schecter has a very good site