Bassman 100, 10", 25# ! ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adamgottschalk, Jul 23, 2005.

1. adamgottschalk

Aug 24, 2003
    I couldn't resist and bought this little combo from Music 123 as an "open carton" for $280 as compared to $350 normally. Free shipping of course. I've been using closed-back cabs with small drivers (10") for a while and like it a lot (two Raezer's Edge (poor Rich and family :-( 10" cabs fed by an SWR 350 head). I saw this little thing and couldn't believe my eyes--only _25_ lbs with a 10" driver and horn, and 100 watts. This is the newest Bassman release, in addition to a 150w 12" combo. The ones just before these were bigger. I tried a 60w, 12" combo in a store, and it sounded great, but it must have weighed at least 40 lbs. I figure this mini combo has got to be worthwhile somehow or other, even it's just that it's so portable, on top of it's being at a nice price. Anyone else tried these yet? I'm anxiously awaiting it, and it won't be here until at least Monday :-( I'll post a review, thumbs up or down, as soon as I put it through its paces.
  2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the upcoming review. I tried to get a thread going about these and nobody ever posted that actually HAD one. I agree, 25#, 100 watts, one 10", sounds great on paper. Let us know.