1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassman 100, 10", 25# ! ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adamgottschalk, Jul 23, 2005.

1. adamgottschalk

adamgottschalk

Aug 24, 2003
    I couldn't resist and bought this little combo from Music 123 as an "open carton" for $280 as compared to $350 normally. Free shipping of course. I've been using closed-back cabs with small drivers (10") for a while and like it a lot (two Raezer's Edge (poor Rich and family :-( 10" cabs fed by an SWR 350 head). I saw this little thing and couldn't believe my eyes--only _25_ lbs with a 10" driver and horn, and 100 watts. This is the newest Bassman release, in addition to a 150w 12" combo. The ones just before these were bigger. I tried a 60w, 12" combo in a store, and it sounded great, but it must have weighed at least 40 lbs. I figure this mini combo has got to be worthwhile somehow or other, even it's just that it's so portable, on top of it's being at a nice price. Anyone else tried these yet? I'm anxiously awaiting it, and it won't be here until at least Monday :-( I'll post a review, thumbs up or down, as soon as I put it through its paces.

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the upcoming review. I tried to get a thread going about these and nobody ever posted that actually HAD one. I agree, 25#, 100 watts, one 10", sounds great on paper. Let us know.

Alan