1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassman 100 3.0-10T or Phil Jones Brief Case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman 100, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    Using the Fender Bassman 100 presently. Excellent sound. This may sound daft to the majority of bassists - but the weight is an issue for me. Phil Jones Brief Case is much the same weight, but would appear an easier lift due to its shape & centre of gravity.

I know the Genz Benz 3.0-10T is way lighter & wonder if the 6.0-12T is worth the extra weight. Has anyone compared these exact amps with the Fender Bassman 100 ? Would it be a step up, or a step sideways ?

I'm a clean deep sounding old school bass player, using mostly an American Fender Jazz Passive & Boss GT6B. Do lots of church work, but also gig with a wedding band at times.

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    FYI the volume of the Genz 10 will be faaaaar greater than the briefcase. Even the GB 3.0x8 will be louder IME (and only weigh around 13 lbs). Never tried the Bassman. If you'll ever play with a drummer I'd choose the 12".

3. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    Hi, Thanks off to a start. Interesting. Yes a "V" drummer is on the cards for some of this years work.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have owned a Briefcase, and while I liked it for quiet at-home practice, it cannot keep up with any drummer; not even if your V-drummer only plays through his own headphones- the sound of the sticks hitting the mesh heads will drown out the Briefcase.