1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bassman 100t or bugera bvv3000?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrCool84, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hey all,

Im gonna pull the trigger on one. i can afford the bugera now with AMS payments or save for a real long time and hit sweetwater for the bassman 100t. Then eventually 4 10 neo matching cab. Knock behringer all u want i have at least five of there inexpensive pedals and all of them sound awesome.And bugera is gettin awesome reviews but i cant find much on this bass amp. no straight up demos. But it has all the right tubes and more then likley ill upgrade on top of the line tubes to replace.And the infinium thing seems super legit. Theres one video from bugera booth with full band and it sounds awesome and it has the bells and whistles. But of course the bassman sounds amazing! uve seen the vids. Please anyone with bugera post sound clips. And please give me ur two cents on anything regarding either of them. Thanks for the help to decide. If i have the bddi or vt bass (ihave both) with the bugera with that essentially make an "active tone stack" like the bassman has? Oh and this is my first tube amp. Im soooooo stoked!!!

2. When i said bells and whistles that was meant for the bassman not the bugera.

3. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Get the bassman. They have already begun to Have a sizable following here on talkbass, and from the sound clips I've heard, are sweet.

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    HUH??? :eyebrow::rollno::scowl:

Get the Bassman

5. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

The bassman. It's a pretty obvious choice, IMO.

6. Seriously?

Nah, joking. Jump on that Fender train, they sound killer, might break the bank in the short to medium term, but it will be worth it in the long run.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    The BVV3000 is selling new on the street for $600. Search it.
    No tech needed to swap to different tubes.
    Three year warranty.

8. Mousekillaz

Mousekillaz

Nov 25, 2009
    Anacortes Wa.
    Behringer's are what you find on Craiglist after people have discovered they made a big mistake and bought crap

9. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    As a Bassman 100T owner I am offended by the title of this thread. I can only put it down to ignorance, which in this case is definitely not bliss.

10. Haha! You rule Tim!

11. LOL. Thanks for the replys. Tim ive enjoyed ur thoughts and reviews on the bassman in the other threads. And yes i plead ignorance and thats why im here! HELP!...LOL. Its cool to have just signed up for talkbass and have some of the names ive been reading for months chime in. Talkbass and there dedicated users have been my foundation for all things bass in recent months. It feels so good to finally be apart of this community. I didnt know just any joe smoe could join. guess i was wrong....BACK TO THE THREAD.....SO the choice is obvious Stop with my instant gratification BS bite the bullet and save for a few months to get the bass amp ive been drooling over!! I just need to commute, im guessing prolly 90 miles or more, to the nearest music shop with the bassman in stock and let it rip. I want to reassure myself on headroom. I play a fender rumble 350 into an swr goliath lll and it is plenty loud. Also to mention im only harnessing a lil more then half the amps power due to the goliath being an 8ohm cab. Tim and all others please reassure my headroom issue. My ignorance is killing me!!! Thanks! Ok time to stop obsessing and get some sleep!

12. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I have always tried to avoid bashing Behringer based on hearsay - until my Behringer crossover took out one side of my FOH P.A. I have been reminded that ultimately you get what you pay for. I have played occasionally some of my students' Behringer rigs, they did not inspire me and I thought sounded rather sterile, but neither did they break down.
    I am reasonably familiar with Fender amps and the Goliath III is one of my favourite cabs, I think the Fender Bassman 100T will sound absolutely fine with it and my gut feeling is it will be a great match. The Bassman is switchable 2/4/8 ohms so there are no issues there. If you are getting enough volume from the Rumble 350 I am confident you will have plenty with the 100T also. I think the 100T should be a clear step up for you in terms of both headroom/useable volume, versatility and tone.

13. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Sep 24, 2008
    PA
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    Too much heartbreak from Behringer stuff breaking. I'd use their DIs or pedals, but I'd be hesitant about buying an amp. I've seen too many choke under pressure. Plenty of good amps from GK, Peavey and Hartke in the $600 price range.

14. as a fender fanboy and a hater of behringer after i found they're dealers wouldent help me out when my behringer mixing desk went bad. i say the bassman is the only one you need buy

15. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I vote for the Fender. I just bought a Bugera 1960 Infinium (Marshall 1959 clone) for $421 through a price match. It's a 100w self biasing valve amp. That means no tech needed! I've seen some older Behringer gear fail and a Bugera 333 melt down but I'll give it a shot. ;)

16. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    If you want a good inexpensive tube amp get a Peavey VB-2.
    USA made and a 5 year warranty.

I have both a 100T & a VB-2

Used VB-2's sell for around $500

17. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    There's a VB-2 for sale in Indiana for $400 in almost new condition.

18. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    First good post I’ve seen in this topic. I bought a Fender Rumble practice amp and it blew up at 1/3 volume after two weeks. Brought it back and GC made me take it to a service company, who after three weeks just gave me a new amp. The new one blew up in the first week of quiet practicing. Demanded a store credit from GC and bought a Behringer BX300 (30w, 10” speaker), which not only DESTROYED the Fender in sound (louder, fuller, better EQ), but also was rock solid for 3 years. Since it cost 35 bucks less than the Fender, I bought 2 sets of strings with my credit to boot. I jammed with this amp, drummer included! Cranked it up with no problems. The Dynamizer compressor did the job on this little amp!

That doesn’t mean that the Bassman isn’t better than the BVV3000, it just means that just because one is a Fender and the other is a Bugera (or Behringer), assuming the Fender is better is pure poppycock. People who have had experience with both amps would know the real answer. If the Bugera sounds as good and comes with a 3 year warranty for the less money, I’d be leaning towards the Bugera. I’m not a gear snob. People in the audience care about good sound, not nameplates.

19. Your the man Tim. Thanks again to all. Gotta give a huge shout out to my my wonderful wife and best friend. Pulling some strings from here and there, tomorrow ill be placing my order for the bassman. At heart that is what i really wanted. Never settle. Another thing is the bugera is only switchable from 2 to 4 ohms. the goliath lll is 8ohms so i would of had to always hook my hartke A70's 8ohm 12" speaker in parallel with the goliath. probably would of sounded cool but very inconvenient at times. Thanks to Tim1 im sooo stoked about plugging my bassman into my goliath!! Also i think eventually ill order a bassman neo 15" to go with the goliath but more then likely order the 4 10" neo and just have to separate rigs. the rumble 350 with the goliath and bassman and neos. Ill post pics when it arrives and ill figure out soundclips somehow so i can share the sound of the bassman with the goliath. Thanks to all again for ur suggestions, opinions and making my first thread in this community a success!!

20. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Pleased to have you on board, MrCool. If I was you I would definitely be considering the 410 neo ahead of the 115neo, although I am a huge fan of the 610 neo which is still incredibly light (for a 610) and could pretty much go anywhere. As I said, I think the Goliath will be a good match for the Bassman - I played one or two together for years with a number of tube heads and it sounded great with all of them (although I did tend to back the tweeter almost off, but that is just my taste. In the Fender cabs the tweeter crossover seems much more seamless and natural). The big plus for me of the Fender cabs is the visual match with the amps (pimp my rig :bag: :oops:), the much lighter weight and the tone does seem - as you would expect - to fit well with the Bassman tube heads.