Bassman 135 + Bergantino 2x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jul 24, 2005.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking for a new 2x15 to run with my Bassman 135 head, and I wondering what you Berg guys think about this match? :meh:
  2. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Not NEARLY enough power for Bergs. I wouldn't sway you away from buying the Bergs though. Buy them now and get more power later.
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, if you are going to run a 2x15, then the NV215 makes sense to me. I think that this cab sounds good at lower volumes, so I don't know why it wouldn't work with a lower powered head. The NV215 doesn't seem to be all that power hungry, to me.

What cabs have you used with your Bassman in the past? Where they loud enough for your gigs?
  4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The vintage Music Man 115 HR cabinet loaded with JBL D/K 140 or E 140/145 or EV loaded is a killer old school cab for a Bassman 100/135 or Showman or a Bassman 50 for that matter. If you can find one or a pair locally. They are not all that small.

I have the 115rh. It is one of several 1x15's that I bought over the last couple of years while looking for homes for a bunch of JBL raw drivers. I was actually looking for a cabinet to clone. I like the tonality of the MM cab the best. From a carpentry standpoint as it is a Reflex horn design, I like it the least. Basically I doublt that I'd be able to pull it off with my as yet limited wood working skills.

I've put a number of different amps and pre's through that cab, including (Demeter 201/Crown, Art Tube Channel / Crown, GK 400, Ampeg V4B and the head from my 40 watt Fender Pro Reverb. The Pro is essentially a 2x12 combo version of the Bandmaster. It has the classic Fender Tone Bright, Treble and Bass as in the Normal Channel of your 135. As I recall, the other channel of your amp has mid-range as well. Anyway. The Fender Tone stack and that cab are plug and play. A very good match.

MM 115 rh at a Music Go Round store in Wisconsin

Another really good vintage cab is the Sunn 200s or the 2000s cab. I prefer the 200 but either would be a great match. Again JBL D140 / K140 would be an awsome match for your head.

I should point out that I have my cab in the GFS. I'm really looking for a sale in the Pacific Northwest as I'm not sure exactly how I should ship elsewhere. I toyed with the idea of hanging on to that cab and looking for your head as my blues jam rig. As I just grabbed a GK 1001, I'm sticking with a Bag End 2x10 as my quick in and out rig.
  5. SherpaKahn

Dec 1, 2005
    Bronx, NYC
    I sell churros
    I have both a 2000s cab and a 115rh cab as my main cabinets....:)