1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassman 135 v. V-4/V-4B: Comments?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, May 27, 2002.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I see at least Throbbinut has both these amps. I would like to hear some specific comments on the difference of these two amps.

2. I haven't played the Bassman 135 as much as the Ampeg V4-B, so I'm probably biased towards the Ampeg. If I had to choose between the two amps, I'd pick the Ampeg V4-B. If the Bassman was the only option for a 100 Watt tube amp, though, I'd use it of course. I'm currently running a 50Watt Ultralinear Bassman 10 chassis through 2-15's, and I love the sound. The Bassman 135 is pretty much a 100 Watt UltraLinear version of the 50Watt Bassman I use every Sunday.

The Ampeg has a shock-mounted chassis which will save your tubes. If you use the Fender, or any tube amp without built-in vibration isolation, always put a piece of egg-foam between the cabinet and head. It looks kind of low-rent, but your tubes will last forever that way.

Chris