1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassman 150

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guyfry, Apr 14, 2006.

1. guyfry

guyfry

Jul 21, 2005
    Hey guys,

I bought a Fender Bassman 150(one 12") for use in all different settings.

I figured it would be loud enough to be heard over drums, however, I'm not able to hear it at all unless all the settings are maxed, and even then only higher tones.

Anyone else having volume issues with their Bassman or have any suggestion?

I really think the way to go is to have atleast the surface area of two 10's in order to be heard over drummers. Or maybe I just end up with extremely loud drummers.. Thoughts?

2. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    use it tilted back and stand close........if it still doesn't cut it, unplug the internal speaker and connect the amp to a larger
    4 ohm cab (1x15, 2x10, 2x12). Keep it at 4 ohms. with that amp 2 ohms will smoke it, 8 ohms won't be loud enough.

3. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I used a Fender Bassman 150 for about 6 months for rehearsing with two guitars and drums and never had any volume issues. I thought it was a great combo!
    I had to run the gain up at about 1 or 2 o'clock and the master about the same but never had any problems. We rehearsed at a pretty stout volume too.