Bassman 25 for $150?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaunze, Dec 28, 2004.

1. shaunze

Apr 6, 2004
    Astoria Oregon
    Normally it's $270. is it worth my interest for a new practice amp?
  2. I'm assuming you saw the new prices @ MF? The Bassman 25 is a wicked little practice amp - but it's no more then a practice amp. I think that for $150 new it is a STEAL!
  3. ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    If you intend to use it for practice, buy it will not regret it.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I paid more for mine on closeout from BassNorthwest. Well worth it IMO. Nice little practice amp. Has surprisingly phat bottom end for a 1x10.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is a great deal. I occasionally use mine to play my Zon fretless five at small churches. This little amp is very loud for 25 watts, and handles the low B surprisingly well.

Now, it is not gonna cut through distorted guitars, but I once accompanied a quiet drummer, guitar, piano, organ and vocals, and had no problems being heard. And this was in a church large enough for 200+ people.
  6. I see Musicians Fiend also has the bassman 60 on sale for $250. I'm leaning that way for a small portable amp until I can afford a little powerhouse like the Eden CXC110. (might be a while!)
  7. spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    I'd go for the 200 if I had the money. It's only at $350! If only I hadn't already spent my Christmas money.... :bawl:
  8. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    i owned the bassman 60, and it was great. Great practice amp, fender bassman combos are well worth the money.