1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassman 25 for $150?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaunze, Dec 28, 2004.

1. shaunze

shaunze

Apr 6, 2004
    Astoria Oregon
    Normally it's $270. is it worth my interest for a new practice amp?

2. I'm assuming you saw the new prices @ MF? The Bassman 25 is a wicked little practice amp - but it's no more then a practice amp. I think that for $150 new it is a STEAL!

3. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    If you intend to use it for practice, buy it now...you will not regret it.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I paid more for mine on closeout from BassNorthwest. Well worth it IMO. Nice little practice amp. Has surprisingly phat bottom end for a 1x10.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

That is a great deal. I occasionally use mine to play my Zon fretless five at small churches. This little amp is very loud for 25 watts, and handles the low B surprisingly well.

Now, it is not gonna cut through distorted guitars, but I once accompanied a quiet drummer, guitar, piano, organ and vocals, and had no problems being heard. And this was in a church large enough for 200+ people.

6. I see Musicians Fiend also has the bassman 60 on sale for $250. I'm leaning that way for a small portable amp until I can afford a little powerhouse like the Eden CXC110. (might be a while!)

7. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    I'd go for the 200 if I had the money. It's only at $350! If only I hadn't already spent my Christmas money.... :bawl:

8. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    i owned the bassman 60, and it was great. Great practice amp, fender bassman combos are well worth the money.