1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassman 250/210 vs TB-600C

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Algreens, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Algreens

Algreens

Oct 28, 2010
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Quick question. Ive always been an Ampeg guy. The SVT and 8x10 are becoming brutal to carry around. Im looking hard to get a small combo with some juice. The new GKs and ampeg combos i did not dig at all. The new fender 250/210 sounded great. all though i have not played the TB-600C but have played the 250/210.

Between the these two amps which you think is better for gigging out? Output the same or do you think the TB is by far better in DB's and low end? Weight is also a big factor i guess as well. Up in ther air here.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    the 250/210 will save you some money but won't get as loud as the tb600c. if money's no object, the tb600c. that thing has one of the best tube preamps on the market. but i don't know if i could stand using that amp with a little 210 combo. i'd want an 810 with it ;)

if you like the bassman, i'd say get it. also, if you want to wait a couple months, ampeg's got a couple hybrid b-15 models they're coming out with that might be interesting. they haven't released any details, though.

3. The TB 600 is awesome but it weighs over 100 lbs and is not cheap.

Bassman 250/210 is a solid amp.

The newer Bassman TV 210 is a really good option if you like simplicity and an old school sound.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    +1. i've only played the tv 15, but i was pretty impressed.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I wish Fender would get these TB models out in stores. I'd really like to try one.

6. Doo Wop

Doo Wop

Apr 26, 2007
    , Maryland

100 lbs? According to fender specs the TB 600 is 32 lbs.

7. Sorry, I should have been more specific... I am talking about the TB 600c, the combo version, not the head.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I agree, between the 2, the TB 600c would be the "better" amp, BUT, you should check out the new fender TV combo's, especially if you like some fat warm old school bass tones.

9. Algreens

Algreens

Oct 28, 2010
    Chapel Hill, NC
    cool. thanks for all the info. I think im just gonna go for the 600. I can pop out the head and use it with the 8x10 if need be. Might just get rid of the svt-4. Time for a change. heh.

10. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Give us a review when you get it.

11. Yup, they sound good but it's silly to me to buy these when you can get a 70s Bassman & cab of your choice for cheaper than the TVs.