1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassman 300 Pro Footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by selfblessed, Mar 10, 2008.

1. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hello out there.
    I was wondering if I could use a single foot switch to activate the second channel on my Bassman 300 Pro. I do not use the Graphic EQ nor the Compressor so the 3 in 1 foot switch is pointless to me.
    Well thanks in advance.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Looks kinda like this amps corect 3-button/function switching pedal (Fender P/N 053895) connects with a single 1/4" TRS plug. I'm not sure what a universal single button switching pedal with a regular 1/4" TS plug would do in this situation.
    It might just work fine for your needs, but If it was my amp I'd be leary of trying this and would probably try contacting Fender (480) 596-7195 Fax: (480) 367-5262 E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com) or have a qualified amp tech study the schematics/amp and determine if it was safe to try first.

I'd certainly hope it wouldn't hurt anything to try, but thats an awfully nice amp to just take a chance.

ps:
    Your amps equivalent under the origanal brand (the Sunn 300T) shows to of used the exact same part# 3-button pedal, incase anyone else here has already tried this with either brands model.

3. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the reply. I did not even think that it could be unsafe for the amp...but now I am concerned about that. I think that I will contact Fender on this one. Wish I thought of that too.:smug: