Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassman 400 - NOT 400 Pro ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RMosack, May 29, 2004.

1. Does anyone know anything about those amps? I'm wondering if there are any known pros or cons - especially since they only lasted in the Fender lineup for such a short time.

2. Anyone? :)

3. Well, they still sell them. A couple cons is that it doesn't pump out 400 watts, only 350 watts. Also, you can't add an extension cabinet but it runs at 4 ohms and has a 4 ohms internal speaker. Also, early runs had defective speakers and Fender was replacing them, I don't know if they still are. However, I have heard positive comments about it's tone.

4. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    The 400 Pro fills the 1U space below the head with a rackmount tuner. It also has slightly different cones. Otherwise they have the same features, power and so on.

Both are good combos with good reviews from BP (though the later might be redundant...) and frankly I would rather not pay the 'hidden' cost of the rackmount tuner in lieu of a multifx, etc.

5. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    I have a friend who uses the Bassman 400 head/4x10/1x15. It has great tone. 350 watts... it is suitable for most gigs.

Never had a problem with it...

6. Thanks for the replies. :)