Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassman 410H Speaker Enclosure

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 1, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm in the market for a 4x10 cabinet. my amp is a SWR sm 400s head, i play a fender MIA precision and a rick 4001. the music that i intend to play is rock in the style of Bush, Live. i need a reliable 4x10 cab not too expensive (so please don't suggest aguilar or eden or mesa boogie)that is rated at 8 ohm and with a power of 400w. i know the ampegs and the peavey, how is this one made by fender? how much is it? and what about sound? could be good paired with my SWR head?
    thanks

2. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I don't know that you'll hear a large difference in the cabs in your price range, and I've seen posts here of guys who love and others who hate all the brands you've mentioned. If possible, check them all out and let your ears do the convincing. When I was shopping I ended up going for a used higher end cab rather than settle for a new lower quality cab. You may feel differently. I recently saw a SWR Goliath II for $375, and IMO, would sound better with your SM400 than any of the others.

3. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    the fender is an ok affordable cab. i would recommend looking at the sunn 410 cab, because it's virtually identical except it's ported - better bass response - and only like 20 bux more. i recently a/b'd them at sam ash. the sunn sounded fine to me.