Bassman 60 or Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rick Martin, May 11, 2001.

1. I'm ready for a new practice combo. Whaddaya think? Fender Bassman 60 ($370) or Ampeg BA112 ($350) ???

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

My little Bassman 25 is noticeably louder than the BA 112, so I'm sure that the Bassman 60 would be too. I actually played it side by side, my intention was to buy the 50 watt Ampeg (I wonder about that;)) but the 25 watt Fender blew it away.

Check them both out for yourself and see.

Good luck.:)

3. Since I live in a remote area, I'll have to buy mailorder.

4. I have another Ampeg amp you should compare to the Fender Bassman 60. It is the B-50R "Rocket Bass Amp". For a "KISS" pracitce amp this would be the way I would go. It has a great sound and has enough power to jam with a drummer. Check out the Ampeg web site: WWW.AMPEG.COM

5. Rick, I have a Fender Bassman 60, and although I haven't played the Ampeg model you're considering, I can assure you that you can not go wrong with the Fender. It's got it all: Tone, decent volume and portability. The more I play it, the more it grows on me.

Mike J.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i have had the chance to play with a new bassman 25. absoultely awesome, great tone in every volume situation. the only things that scared me was the price.