Bassman 60 or Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rick Martin, May 11, 2001.

1. I'm ready for a new practice combo. Whaddaya think? Fender Bassman 60 ($370) or Ampeg BA112 ($350) ???
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My little Bassman 25 is noticeably louder than the BA 112, so I'm sure that the Bassman 60 would be too. I actually played it side by side, my intention was to buy the 50 watt Ampeg (I wonder about that;)) but the 25 watt Fender blew it away.

Check them both out for yourself and see.

Good luck.:)
  3. Since I live in a remote area, I'll have to buy mailorder.
  4. I have another Ampeg amp you should compare to the Fender Bassman 60. It is the B-50R "Rocket Bass Amp". For a "KISS" pracitce amp this would be the way I would go. It has a great sound and has enough power to jam with a drummer. Check out the Ampeg web site: WWW.AMPEG.COM
  5. Rick, I have a Fender Bassman 60, and although I haven't played the Ampeg model you're considering, I can assure you that you can not go wrong with the Fender. It's got it all: Tone, decent volume and portability. The more I play it, the more it grows on me.

Mike J.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i have had the chance to play with a new bassman 25. absoultely awesome, great tone in every volume situation. the only things that scared me was the price.