Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sean, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Sean

Dec 27, 2000
    Get a fender bassman60

[Edited by Sean on 12-28-2000 at 10:48 AM]
  2. Well, that's a succinct recommendation :D
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

4. Sean

Dec 27, 2000
  5. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sean, I wasn't trying to be rude, I was being funny, hence the :p smiley :p:)

The new Fender Bassman series are decent solid state amplifiers, good for players on a budget.

I just happen to prefer the hi-fi tones of Eden and SWR, and am at the point where I can afford them financially.

No offense intended, OK?

Can we still be friends?:D
  7. Sean

Dec 27, 2000
    sure we can be friends. i got my bassman 60 for only $375 though
  8. i have a bassman 25 and its pretty good for practice with a guitar player. but i didn't buy it just because you told me to :D
  9. I'll just get rid of my '76 SVT and rush right out to get one!:D:D
  10. Sean

Dec 27, 2000
    At first my post said to get a bassman 60 because it had lots of power and it was cheap ($375. e mail me at and ill tell you where) i cant tell you now because the moderator (oysterman) said it was an advertisement. (thank you very much!!!)
  11. I am another satisfied buyer of the Fender Bassman 100. In my opinion, it beats the hell out of the Ampeg BA-115. Lot of helpful features and even sounds better.
  12. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Hey Sean, it was an unfortunate case of semantics. It hurted my pedantic eyes. I never told you to strip down your post that much, just rephrase it a bit - originally it looked just like a cheap magazine ad.

One place that has cheap Bassmen is

There. End of story.
  13. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Seems kinda pricey for a 60 watt practice amp. For the same price, you can get an Ampeg B-100R which is a lot more amp. And it's capable of live performance in small - medium venues.
  14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  15. Tempest

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah, these are pretty nice amps, just got the 25 version (upgrade from my 10 watt). Great sound, would have bought the 60 watt if I weren't so poor.
  16. Sean

Dec 27, 2000
    oysterman i wasnt trying to be an idiot. just joking around. sorry
  17. Sean

Dec 27, 2000
    its not much of a practice amp. it shakes the walls when its cranked up. it could easily do a small gig.