Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bassman400 vs. sunn300T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretbuzz, Aug 14, 2001.

1. has anyone compared the fender bassman 400 head with the sunn 300T? im sure the sunn is better, but is it worth twice as much? im not gigging or anything, but i would like to invest in some good equipment for the future. any help would be great, thanks. btw, any other ideas are welcome.

2. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    The price difference lies mainly in the fact that the Sunn is all tube and the Fender is Solid State. The Fender will give you 350 watts at 4 ohms, and the Sunn will give you 300 watts at any impedence. The Sunn will give you a warmer sound due to the tubes, but the Fender will be cleaner. They both have great features so really it's just your preference in tone.

If you aren't gigging, are you sure you want to spend that much money on just a head? It would be wise to start looking into all the amps and really decide what kind of sound you want. Some of the other bass amp manufacturers you might look at are; SWR, Carvin, Ampeg, Eden, Hartke, Gaillen-Kruger, Peavey, etc.

Another thing is you need to go out to local dealers and try out as many diffrent amps as possible to try and nail the tone you are looking for.

I hope my advice has helped you in some way, shape, or form.