SOLD BassMods K634 - Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassguyry, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bassguyry

bassguyry Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    Price:
    $975
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my BassMods K634, in the very stylish metallic surf green finish. I bought this bass new in February, 2015. It's only seen one gig, and honestly hasn't been out of my house all that much. Some specs:

- 34" Scale
    - Pickups: Aguilar 6J-HC humcancelling
    - Preamp: John East J-Retro Deluxe (the original BassMods 3-band preamp is included)
    - Pickguard: Custom-made tortoise shell made by Pickguardian (the original white pearloid pickguard is also included).

I'll get it on a scale tonight to check the weight (I'd estimate 10-11 lbs) and will also measure the string spacing (though I believe it's 19mm). I bought this as a "blemished" model, as it was advertised as having some blemishes in the finish. I've never really been able to figure out what the "blemishes" are, with the exception of a few small "ridges" in the lacquer near the bridge, which is next to impossible to see. The bass sounds amazing, plays great, and is in really good condition, maybe a few small dings here and there.

Here's a video I recorded a while back of the bass. This is with the original BassMods preamp, so you can imagine how awesome it sounds with the J-Retro Deluxe!

The only reason I'm getting rid of this one, is I've already got another BassMods K634 and don't really need two - time for another 5-string Jazz! :)

I'm looking for $975 shipped to the lower 48 CONUS. PayPal for payment. I'll entertain international shipping options so long as the buyer pays for shipping costs. The bass will ship in a well-packed Gator hardshell case.

As for trades, I'm really just a 5-string Jazz Bass dude. :) Send me ideas - I'm into Sires, other BassMods 5ers, Fenders, whatever. Lemme see what you've got! I'm also looking for 50-watt Plexi-ish guitar amps (sacrilege, I know), so send me ideas on those too.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    alanhasradar and jazzyitalian like this.
  2. Bigturd72

Bigturd72 Banned for deceptive classifieds practices Inactive

Feb 6, 2018
    Jamestown, NC
    I have a 2018 bass mods Q5 with Sims pickups. Not a scratch on it. Amazing bass but I really need a 6.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  3. bassguyry

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    Those are super cool basses, but not what I’m looking for right now, unfortunately. Thanks though!

4. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    I need this in my life.... if I had the funds it would be headed to Ga

5. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    These are under rated basses. They are much better than their price point. Your upgrades were smart ones too. Nice demo too.

bassguyry likes this.
  6. bassguyry

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    Thank you!

7. thirtyhz

thirtyhz

Apr 5, 2001
    Where are these made?

8. tdawgg

tdawgg

Jan 8, 2003
    SF bay area
    PM sent

9. bassguyry

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    The bodies and necks are made in Indonesia, but the electronics, hardware, etc. are all put together at the BassMods shop in Northern California.

Replied!

10. So tempting! Quick question...Any other makers you might compare the neck profile to? Also, does the neck have a gloss or satin finish? Thanks!

bassguyry likes this.
  11. bassguyry

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    Hmm...It's tough to say, as I haven't played many six strings. It's identical to the other BassMods six string, I can say that much. ;) Personally, I find it very comfortable. It's one of the first six string basses I've owned, and I found the transition between my 5-string basses to this particular six string pretty easy.

The neck has a gloss finish.

alanhasradar likes this.
  12. onebassplayer5

onebassplayer5 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Man, that’s beautiful!

bassguyry likes this.
  13. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

That color is everything.

GLWTS !

bassguyry likes this.
  14. bassguyry

Dec 16, 2011
    Arvada, Colorado
    SOLD! :D

15. jamontap

jamontap Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Indeed. :bassist:

16. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I just ordered a Q5 should be here this week.

17. funkyandres86

funkyandres86

Oct 24, 2019
    any idea where this bass is now ?

alanhasradar likes this.
  18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022