1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD BassMods NPS K534

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RyanJD, Mar 15, 2017.

1. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Price:
    $750
    Strings:
    Hello TB!
    I've decided that it's time for me to cut back on my instrument count. I have way too many basses with Jazz configurations, so I've carefully picked out three to sell.
    (Photos are attached at the bottom of the post.)

First up:
    BassMods K534 NPS - SOLD

I really, really do not want to sell this one. I purchased it not long ago and I love it, but between it and the Ibanez in my profile picture, I had to pick the one with 24 frets for some solo stuff I do. So unfortunately, this is the one to go, even though I think it sounds better between the two.
    A 2015 model, I believe. The Nate Phillips Signature model. It's got a chambered Alder body string-thru, maple neck (pearloid blocked and bound), gold Hipshot hardware, Delano JMVC 5 FE pickups and an Aguilar OPB3 preamp. Bridge spacing: 19 mm, nut width: 45 mm. (See the attachment for more info.)
    I absolutely love the finish, even if it is a little gaudy, it sparkles so well in bright light. It's also plek'd and plays very easily. I was told the bass weighs in at 10.2 lbs. (I do not have a scale to verify this, but it seems accurate.) The body and neck are both in very good condition. Very, very few blemishes of any size. (On the back of the body there is a small black mark near the bottom, see photos.)
    $875 $825 $800 $750 shipped
    (Would be willing to ship in a generic gig bag for extra protection for an additional $30.)

Next:
    Fender MIM FSR Jazz - SOLD

I've owned this bass longer than any other in my possession currently. Many of my formative bass years were spent on this Jazz. It's been a great instrument to me. Made in '06, I think. It's your typical MIM J with a Swamp Ash body and Rosewood fingerboard. It's got a Fender vintage style threaded bridge. Right now it's got DiMarzio Model J's in it and it sounds mean. I can get some really great tones out of it. It's also drilled for Fender chrome pickup covers. The body and neck are both in good condition.
    $425 $400 $375 shipped (Stock pickups, no covers.)
    (Add $75 for the DiMarzio pickups or $25 for the set of 'F' chrome pickup covers. Or get it fully loaded for $450!)
    Recording in post #9...

Lastly:

Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz - SOLD

This is a unique sale for me. I've spent many hours working on the body finish. I got rid of a lot of clearcoat, so it's pretty much just down to the paint. It's got a really nice matte look to it now. I can tell it's down to the paint, due to it wearing on the back and I sanded it pretty evenly. (I almost want to keep the body for a project, just so I can use it and watch it continue to wear naturally. I'll bet it would start to look like a relic with just a few years of use!)
    Here's the thread I created when I was working on the finish. (Contains photos.)
    (On the chance this guy doesn't sell, I'd be interested in parting out and keeping the body. We'll see.)
    $250 $235 shipped
    (Does not come with tapewounds, as pictured)

(Shipping to the continental US only.)
    Feel free to ask any questions or make an offer and I'll reply as soon as possible.
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    jazzenfunk likes this.
  2. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    New photos added! The BassMods almost looks like a metallic Seafoam Green in natural light.

I'm open to offers. PM me and let's work something out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Tons of PMs. But everything's still here.
    Dropped some prices!

4. Any sound clips of the bassmod

Rudi van Disar likes this.
  5. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    At the moment, I don't have any. I'll see what I can do about getting some in the next few days.
    In the meantime, here's Nate Phillips playing this bass:

By the way Anthony, I've checked out a few of your clips. Man, you are a smokin' bass player! Amazing chops...

6. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    BassMods on hold, pending payment.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  7. timwoodie

timwoodie

Apr 7, 2014
    Rhode Island
    Curious to see if you would be willing to trade the fsr bass for an iPad Air 2 in space gray with 64gb and apple care plus?

VoodooJazz likes this.
  8. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Hey man, thanks for the inquiry. But I'm going to have to pass. Looking for $$$! :smug:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  9. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Here's a recording of the Fender FSR J with the DiMarzios. Recorded from an Ampeg BA112, EQ'ed flat.
    I'm favoring the bridge pickup and the tone was set at about 50%, I believe.
    (Also, this video is almost 5 years old, so listen for the tone, not the playing ability! :smug: )

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  10. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    A couple of buyers lined up for the BassMods fell through. It's still for sale!

11. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Couple more of the little blemishes on the BassMods.

Attached Files:

JBOWLES likes this.
  12. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Dropped the prices again. The interest continues, but nothing has moved yet.

13. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    The Fender and Squier have been SOLD.
    The BassMods is still awaiting a new owner!

14. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    You guys, I'm engaged as of yesterday. I need to sell this last bass and plan a wedding!! Someone help me out here!

15. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    BassMods now $750 shipped, firm. Come and get it.

NigelD likes this.
  16. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    BassMods is sold and heading to FL!