Bassmonkeee live at Birdi's (Atlanta)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Dec 19, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Howdy, Folks.

It's Thursday, so you know what that means-- Live Jazz and Blues at Birdi's in Decatur Square.

8-11. No cover. Good food and drink.

If you've seen us before, there will be new tunes you haven't heard. If you haven't, well, then, they are all new.

PM if you need directions. Otherwise, I'll post the address here when I get home from work so you can mapquest it.
  2. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Sorry I couldn't make it last night; the holiday schedule's got us running in circles! I'd really like to catch you guys sometime. Are you still playing there on a regular basis (specifically after Christmas)? Sounds like a great place to bring the wife for a night away from the 3 kids.;)
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's okay. The weather got pretty nasty last night--I wouldn't have shown up if I didn't have to. ;) Luckily there was a party there last night that had more than enough people to please the owners, and they love us, anyway. The kitchen staff gets mad if we don't play "Mojo Workin'" for them to sing along. What a great gig.

We'll be there every other Thursday after XMas, too. So, our next night is Jan 2, 2003. :eek:

2003 already....scary.

Birdi's is a great place to hang with either a big group, or just the two of you. There are enough levels to the place that you can get away from the band if you want, or you can hang by the bar downstairs to listen in full effect. Great martinis, too.
  4. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Off to Misc.

Have a nice day :)
  5. I keep meaning to come and check it out, but unfortunately my senility has prevented it. Hopefully 2003 will be a better year to get this accomplished.