1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassology in NJ

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by JTFormula, Jul 1, 2012.

1. JTFormula

JTFormula

Jan 20, 2011
    Brick, NJ
    Anthony,

I was wondering if you knew when you are going to reschedule the Bassology event you were going to do in NJ. I was signed up but the class was postponed due to conflicting tour dates. I was looking forward to meeting you and getting some direction in my bass playing.

I have been playing for around 24 years. First 5 or so bass then guitar. Then 17 years of mostly guitar and the past two years I fell back in love with the bass. I haven't had a lesson in 23 years and I feel my playing is good but stale. What would you suggest for a person who has played for this many years but hasn't had any real formal lessons, theory etc to start on the right path? I would say I am stuck between conscious not knowing and conscious knowing.

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Yo JT,

You should call them to ask. They decided to cancel the last one because they hadn't sold enough tickets in advance. I can't do anything about that. I'm waiting for them to contact me about rescheduling. But I don't sit around waiting on calls to be busy. If they want to schedule something I'll put it on my calendar. If I don't hear from them I put other things on my calendar.

But to me it sound alike you should just do a lesson with me, Skype or in person. You shouldn't wait around for them to schedule something. Nobody else is.

peace,
    anthony

3. JTFormula

JTFormula

Jan 20, 2011
    Brick, NJ
    Anthony,

Ah. the truth comes out. They made it sound as if you had to postpone it for tour reasons. I have thought about taking the 4 hour trip to MD for an in person lesson. I have a client in MD as well so I would give him a visit after. I will see if I can do this first and then consider Skype for further instruction.

I will be in touch soon and thank you for getting back to me.