Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basson 8x10 Cab!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by diamondlane, Apr 17, 2005.

1. diamondlane

diamondlane

Apr 17, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    I just wanted to express my complete satisfation with my Basson cab (www.bassonsound.com). I just ordered this beast from their factory in Carlsbad, Ca...and let me tell you, I never imagined an amp could put out this much power. It is something like 2000 watts at 4ohms, and since I run it constantly at 1600 watts with my Ampeg SVT-4 Pro, I get the sound I've always wanted out of a bass setup.

I've played all the stacks....from Ampeg, to GK, to SWR to Eden, and without any ego at all, Basson takes the cake. It is a very responsive cab and the low end rumbles my entire house. I wouldn't trade it for anything else, as Basson has given me a new outlook on what quality tone really is.

Has anybody else had any rumble time with this stack??? Keep it heavy! :bassist:

-Brandon of Diamond Lane
    www.diamond-lane.com
    www.myspace.com/diamondlane

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    That's a big piece to lug around...I'd like to hear about the 2x10's they have & their comparo's to the "big boys" (eg.- AG, Acme, EA, etc.)...

~S~

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I've played the 210. It ws very deep and thumpy and very loud. Not a lot of detail at all. Good for some rock if you just want bottom and big smooth low mids (a'la Aggie 12's but perhaps a bit less focused). Ideal for reggae. It would make a good sub. It's also about the size of most 410's. You can't fairly compare them to the more hi-fi cabs unless you're wondering who can thunder out a low B as the only factor. It's apples to oranges.

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Cool Joe, thanks! Definetly something I don't need or want...

~S~

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I didn't think it would be your cup of tea. I think the sheer output of the 810 alone must make it a rather remarkable cab judging soley on what the 210 can do. Just not for everyone... :cool:

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've got the 1x15; very loud. Much louder than the Hartke 4.5XL that I use it with.

7. Fill

Fill

Oct 5, 2004
    i have the 810cab he is called edgar and the 2000watt ratting is very generous i put a qsc 4050 to mine thats 4000 watts he takes every bit of it nothing out there sounds like these cabs i also have the 510 sub contra cab for my erb stuff and it is bad ass warm lots of tone. you really are cheating yourself if you dont look into one.

8. undertheashes

undertheashes

Jun 8, 2006
    Idaho
    i have the 8x10 basson and OMG. I've played just about every bass cabinet out there from ampeg, SWR, Epifani, Fender, Hartke, Bag End, Dr. Bass, etc. None of them compare to the basson! I am running 2,500 watts to the baby and holy ****, it rattles my house. It blends very well with 2 heavy guitars. The sound spectrum is unbelievable, like fill said. You are screwing yourself out on probably thebest bass cabinet ever if you dont look into one. Forget what some of thes guys say about the 2x10. Look into the 1x15, 4x10 or 8x10. Those guys just dont know what a true bass cabinet is.

9. I checked the specs on the cab. 228 lbs! :eek: However, according to the specs, it looks like a rather impressive, and efficient cab. I think I need to start looking into some 810's. :smug:

10. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    228lbs!!!...

Whewwwww, that's a LOT of weight to move around there. Imagine trying to load that into a vehicle(truck) & then to your gig...you're getting into "Meyer's territory", weight wise...

~S~

11. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
  12. i have the B210b and its very good. it is also very heavy, but like the OP i am very satisfied with it, i play in a blues band and it owns the low end. It is very heavy, but compared to my previous gig cab, the peavey 1810, it is nothing. Its got casters and has good grips so moving it around isn't hard at all...a little over 100 pounds isn't horrible...and the tone is great too :)