Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basson, Ampeg, Schroeder, ashdown

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by CanadianBass48, Feb 26, 2006.

1. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    I have a Basson 210 cab that needs a new home. It is less then half a year old. It has been used at church but mostly at home :hyper: That was just insaine. Um, what else can I say about this. It has unbeleivabe low end that just shakes everything. These speakers are unblowable. I made it a piont to try and blow them by pushing everything that I could through them, but they held up.

(SOLD) Ampeg SVT5 Pro with Pedal and rack case. I guess just look up its specs on the ampeg website. 2 channels, octive which is killer, and compression. Ya, great amp but I an really digging the ashdown tone. It is only about the tone. This works fine and has no visable scratches. I took it in a couple of months ago and had a new fan put in but other then that it has worked fine. (SOLD)

I will consider trades for Ashdown heads and (or) shroeder cabs.

Basson 210 $475 (will drive up to three hour from Waukesha WI, gas money would be like $5 per hour)

pictures will be hard to get cause I don't have a digital camera so be patient.

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    willl u take a trade on an awesome fretless?

3. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    what the hell!! I mean heck.....

4. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    I really wanted to get another rig set-up but I would consider a fretless. PM me

Seth

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    An interesting sales strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

6. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    I put like 750 some watts through the cab and hooked it up to a PA system and then later to a electric drum kit. I blasted the heck out of the thing. It was so cool to put on some R&B, cut all the highs and crank the lows :hyper: Unbeleivable. ahhhhhh. The young glory days. Then putting the drum kit though it...knock your socks right off. Those speakers can move. On Bassons webside they say that it is hard to blow the speakers so I had to test them myself. :bag:
    It would be interesting to see if one could hook up some of these speakers to a car or home theader system. That would rock my world.

7. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    What is with Cotton????

8. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    bump for a nice guy.good luck man...

9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Sorry, movie reference:

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

10. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    bumpa bumpa bumpa

11. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Wow, there are getting to be a lot of replies on this one...wait...those are all mine. :scowl: bump :eyebrow:

12. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    and mine!:eek:
    buzump for a buddy;)

13. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Ampeg is sold to Quadzilla. Have fun with it. :bassist: