Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basson B15H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Garry Goodman, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I just picked up two Basson B15H cabs 1x15 with a one inch compression driver/horn in each cab. Once again I recommend you check out Basson. I ran my 7 and 9 string basses through them ,and they have flat response in all frequecies ( 40hz-10khz). I like a cabinet that reproduces the sound of my basses with out coloring the tone. It's really nice to hear my lowest notes even in volume with the highest. Great for 6 plus strings basses,

They are rated at three hundred watts rms. The great thing about them is the cost. Check out www.bassonsound.com
    I am fortunate enough to live close to the factory , so I was able to check out the whole line of cabs . They also make the removable wheels. I was told they will be coming out with a bass head ala the GK style They also make their own speakers for some of the cabinets.
    They are definitly work checking out-

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i really like their 10's...i got to rty some out at bass northwest (navigator pre) and they really sound great...i like to think of the bassons (in terms of eden cabs) as XST specs at XLT prices... :D

3. egb41

egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    They are selling direct on EBAY right now.

4. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Yeah- the pricing is just great. I just finished a jaxx trio gig and was really impressed at how I could get a bass sound ,nice and solid and add the high strings playing 2 and 4 beat chords and do the job of a bass and guitar and have it all sound even , clean and balanced. It made the bass sound the way it is supposed to sond .

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I used to play bassoon, I think it sounded great, and pushed alot of air...

:cool:

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    :confused: :confused:

three watts? uh, so you can't even power them with a crate 10 watt combo???!!

:confused:

7. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003

thank you-you are what makes this site great. I sometimes get home at 3 am after a gig that was 80 miles away , and make a typo here and there. I have been playing pro gigs for over 3 decades and I post on here to encourage and share info that in some cases took years too get. Thanks for pointing out a typo . I did a gig tonight and the cabinets were outstandind. I will have some home videos with direct to cd audio with solo 9 string bass. The Basson cabs make my sound . This is not hype, but a report on how to get a great sound for 6 plus string basses. Just like I tell 9 pluse string bass players to use 40 " .007 strings for the high Eb , get the Basson cabs for the best sound for you bass.
    I am a full time bass guitar fanatic I post here to save bass players time and effort.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i didn't mean it negative or anything, i was just a little confused, i knew it wasn't really three watts... that basson stuff looks good. BP did a pretty good review of their 4x10. Do they only sell direct? $555 sounded pretty cheap for a 1000 W 4x10 with really good reviews if that was the list price...

9. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    hmm... ninestring, your reviews are quite convincing. Would a 1x15 be good for a 4 string? I don't need massive lows, just some nice sweet punchiness. The 2x10 looks nice, but I dunno if I can spend that much on a cab (i know, i know, but i don't have much money to spend on bass stuff). Also, both seem really big... can you guess-timate whether either could fit into a Honda Civic trunk? :p Thanks!

10. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003

don't worry about the typos- I just wanted to share this info because having a well tuned cab saved me from investing in more eltronics to put in my bass.

I saw the 4x10 in a music store ,and tried it . Check your local store or email them at the web address above for info.

11. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    The 1x15 sounds great with my Ken Smith 4 string and doesn't make my Hofner Beatle bass sound "boomy " (125Hz range mud). The 2x10 sound great as well. They have several different configurations and some cabs are big with the removable wheels, you just press a button and they slide right off.

I can lift the cab by the two side handles ,and it's not too heavy. It will fit in your back seat. The cabs are carpeted and the metal " grill" in front is scratch resistant. The 1x15 cabs are about 14" deep. , 18" wide and close to 2 ' high.
    Contact them about the pricing. I was amazed at how low the prices are. I am really pleased ( no hype here) at how much better my basses sound just by getting a great cab .

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    get them direct if you can...bass northwest is charging about the same price as an eden d410xlt~800 bucks or so, iirc...555.00 is a great price for this cab. they sound a lot like the eden xst's to me. 13 lb. magnet! heavy!