Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basson sale

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Garry Goodman, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I thought i would share some info for any of you interested in a new bass cab.

i have posted my opinion on Basson speaker cabs. I think those of you own them know how great they sound.
    This is just a note to tell you that they are having a parking lot sale on Sat. Nov 22 .They are selling bass and PA cabs at amazingly low prices. Although you are not in California , it still may be worth calling Shawn Green ,or emailing him to reserve a cab at the sale price. We are talking a 300 watt cab with horn and removeable wheels for about $300-400.

They are moving and want to liquidate. Their prices are going up.It is a one time only sale and I thought some of you may be interested.

For more info visit www.bassonsound.,.com or call (760) 929-0457 or email Shawn at sgreen@bassonsound.com

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Avatar sells a 410 cab for $339, $348 if you want the wheels. Avatar is not moving, not liquidating, and that is not a "one time only" price. Oh yeah, each speaker in that cabinet is rated at 350 watts. Thats makes a total of 1400 watts.

Thanks for the reminder about your parking lot sale. :)

-Mike

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    hey cmon now...we all have our opinions...

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    yeah i agree.

some people are BIG thor fans.

5. Smash, I'm a little slow sometimes, want to clue me in?

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
  7. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    This thread isn't about avatar ,it's about basson. basson is moving into a bigger ,better facility. i wanted to let you know there is a one day sale. I have a good idea of what a good bass cab sounds like after 40 years of playing , and i use basson cabs because they sound clean and make my 4 ,7 and 9 string sound like they should and they didn't cost much. what s there to mock ?

as far as going about it the wrong way-going about what the wrong way? basson knows how to make seaker cabinets.they have already pre sold most of the stock that was scheduled to be at the sale. If you want to get in on a great deal,call them up before saturday. I just wanted to pass on the info.

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Buy Epifani speaker cabinets because people say they are the best.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    actually, this thread is about you promoting gear you are PAID to use.

-Mike

10. Will they have this bassoon on sale? I really like it:

[​IMG]

11. Oh, so like the toothbrush?

12. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Are you sure you didn't mean TROMBOON?

[​IMG]

13. Can of Spam: $1.99
    MTD 535 5 string bass: $3000
    Lakland Joe Osborn 4 string bass: $1500
    Selling bassoons on Talkbass: Priceless
    [​IMG]

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    toothbrush?

-Mike

15. Whats the difference in the magnet weight in a bass cab...bassoon has 200 ounce magnets and i beleive avatar has 65 ounce magnets...whats the difference?

-Vince

16. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    How much are you willing to wager,Mike?

call them and ask them if they pay any of the artists they endorse one penny.

I say they don't pay me anything ,and I pay them when I buy their gear.Saturday's sale is a one shot chance t for you to get stuff at the price i pay as an endorsee. I really donn't care if you like basson or not.They work for me ,that is why I Bought my Basson cabs.

17. billys73

billys73

Apr 25, 2003

135 ounces!!:D

18. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    the larger magnet allows for a better and lower frequency responce. This is what the told me- also they said no other speakers have this size magnet.Give them a call if you want to know more. I know they respond very well to the low F# string.

QUOTE]Originally posted by XPshychoticXPyr
    Whats the difference in the magnet weight in a bass cab...bassoon has 200 ounce magnets and i beleive avatar has 65 ounce magnets...whats the difference?

-Vince
    [/QUOTE]

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey Garry....we have had this conversation in private through e-mail already. There is no need to drag it out in the forum.

-Mike

20. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    that's good 1-i just called Shawn at Basson and he said the same thing!

Thanks for having a sense of humor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.