1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basson?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ianeye, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ianeye

ianeye

Feb 25, 2008
    Anyone ever play through a basson cab? I've had friends that have had guitar cabs. Loud as hell (as heavy as loud, too). Anyway, they seem legit and I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

2. deep and heavier than a 2 ton truck

power hungry too

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Playing any festivals soon?

4. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i know that there will be atleast one post about basson a week.

call up nikki sixx, he'll give u the 411

5. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    I have the B810B and this thing is loud.The low end is definetely deep yet the cab has huge punch. The downside is 228 pounds of heavy cab!!!! Also it requires mega power(1500 watts) to push it. Still I have A/B'd this cab next to my 2 4x10 Avatar neos and there is definetely a distinct sound that Basson has. If you have the power it's well worth the money.

6. ryano

ryano

Aug 20, 2007
    Boston Area

I have played through the 2x10. Size wise it appears to be about the same size as most 4x10s. Sound wise it is very deep and extremely loud. It is also very heavy. I pulled/pushed one up two flights of stairs by myself. I checked myself for injuries when I was done :). Nice sound and at the time I played through it they were cheap (around 400 bucks new). I think prices have climbed since.

One knit. The tweeter is either on or off. I wish it had a volume range instead of just an on/off switch.

hth.
    --ryano