1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bassplayer/archive

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maurilio, Jun 5, 2005.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hi there guys,
    it's been a couple of weeks since the link to the bassplayer/archive stopped to work..... :rolleyes:
    I'm looking for the pups shootout...... somebody has it?

Thank you very much

Mo'

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

FWIW:

that was the best all round fixed bass source I was aware of the on net.

I think this might have happened once before and it came back. If not, Kudo's to Bass Player Mag for the upgrade [- (

3. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Yeap!
    and I've been "stupid" enough not to copy the pages I was interested..... :rollno:
    We'll see...

Mo'

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I thought the same thing last episode. I think I may have just forgotten the search words for it then though. It was knew to me and I hadn't tried to get back into for months.

But since then, I'd probably read every page of it. It was pretty much all of use at some point. I've bought a far share of items from their recs and wasn't disappointed in any of them. But I would have had to copy half the site myself.

So it goes.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm assuming this is the Jazz Pickup Shootout?

Yes, I have it saved.

I have it saved into word (.doc) file and TalkBass won't let me upload it. Also, copy and paiste won't work well, as it's a table.

If you have suggestions let me know. Or else I can paste the exact pickup(s) you are looking at.

6. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Great!
    You have a PM
    Mo'

7. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    BTW,
    I think "bassplayer" magazine is getting to an odd point......
    I understand the bussines part of it( competing with other magazine and such), but with Chris Jisi (sp?) was way better and proffesional. Just take a look, for example, to the string shootout back in 97'??, for me, it is the best accurate one. All the strings I have tried have responded to that evaluation..... I can't say the same for the latest one. Gear/instrument wise the same.....
    I don't wanna start fights, but this is my experience(I could always be wrong!).
    Mo'

8. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I've recieved a few PMs about the Shootout, and can send it to anyone who requests it. Just PM me and I'll get you an e-mail with the file attached.

9. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i agree sir. in fact this past month, though i appreciated the thing on mudvayne cause i actualyl like their bassist alot, its getting really commercialized. i'm actaully interning at a magazine and i've been around it for a while so i know how the business works, and even for a little publication, they carry alot of ads and its starting to be mostly so. also, the theory and repair stuff is being mad dumbed down :scowl: