Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bassplayer/archive

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maurilio, Jun 5, 2005.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hi there guys,
    it's been a couple of weeks since the link to the bassplayer/archive stopped to work..... :rolleyes:
    I'm looking for the pups shootout...... somebody has it?

Thank you very much

Mo'

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

FWIW:

that was the best all round fixed bass source I was aware of the on net.

I think this might have happened once before and it came back. If not, Kudo's to Bass Player Mag for the upgrade [- (

3. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Yeap!
    and I've been "stupid" enough not to copy the pages I was interested..... :rollno:
    We'll see...

Mo'

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I thought the same thing last episode. I think I may have just forgotten the search words for it then though. It was knew to me and I hadn't tried to get back into for months.

But since then, I'd probably read every page of it. It was pretty much all of use at some point. I've bought a far share of items from their recs and wasn't disappointed in any of them. But I would have had to copy half the site myself.

So it goes.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm assuming this is the Jazz Pickup Shootout?

Yes, I have it saved.

I have it saved into word (.doc) file and TalkBass won't let me upload it. Also, copy and paiste won't work well, as it's a table.

If you have suggestions let me know. Or else I can paste the exact pickup(s) you are looking at.

6. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Great!
    You have a PM
    Mo'

7. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    BTW,
    I think "bassplayer" magazine is getting to an odd point......
    I understand the bussines part of it( competing with other magazine and such), but with Chris Jisi (sp?) was way better and proffesional. Just take a look, for example, to the string shootout back in 97'??, for me, it is the best accurate one. All the strings I have tried have responded to that evaluation..... I can't say the same for the latest one. Gear/instrument wise the same.....
    I don't wanna start fights, but this is my experience(I could always be wrong!).
    Mo'

8. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I've recieved a few PMs about the Shootout, and can send it to anyone who requests it. Just PM me and I'll get you an e-mail with the file attached.

9. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i agree sir. in fact this past month, though i appreciated the thing on mudvayne cause i actualyl like their bassist alot, its getting really commercialized. i'm actaully interning at a magazine and i've been around it for a while so i know how the business works, and even for a little publication, they carry alot of ads and its starting to be mostly so. also, the theory and repair stuff is being mad dumbed down :scowl: