BassPlayer Blues

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_drum, Mar 25, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey guys.

I'm very unhappy to be saying this, but, I hvw the bassist I LOVE playing bass, truely, I do! But I hate how the bassists are on the bottom on the food chain, and how most guitarists say that anyone can play the bass, and how they give us no respect. Its a mixture between my cousin saying how crappy bass is, and that I'm getting borred thosen crappy root note basslines :spit:

Someone have a cure,or anytips on getting some respect/gettinghigherin the food chain?lol

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> We're all too often the Rodney Dangerfields of music...

3. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    You just gotta voice your opinions. Instead of taking the free ride say.. "No I want to write the melody." Get real tight with the drummer. And if possible.... absolutely SCHOOL THE GUITAR PLAYERS IN THEORY!!!
  4. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Great IM CURED!!!! AndGood Idea In owning the guitarists in hteory lol :D Today,I practiced with adrummer, another bassist and a guitarist. Great practice for coming up with accomponying parts (for both bass and guitar)!

5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Take a solo and make it melt :D works like a charm in my case... if not, +1 on the school his ass in theory