Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BassPodXt as preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cams_Anthem, Oct 17, 2004.

1. I I've searches the threads but cant find anything. Can you use the Bass pod Xt with a power amp as a rig. Has anyone had any experience using a Bass Pod in this way? What were your thoughts? And as far as power amps go, what should i look at, just the wattage or are there other things to look for? So far i've only had experience with head/cab rigs. cheers

2. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    All the pods can me used as preamps. I don't know how well the perform as pres but they will work as a pre.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've used a bass pod pro for 3-4 years. It's ideal for recording and works very well when used as a preamp with a dedicated power amp..using it as an effects unit with a rack/head setup is where it kinda loses its appeal. But to answer your question...usng it with a power amp would do very well in my opinion.

4. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    yes, I am currently doing the same thing with my BDDI.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I've done the same with my J Station. Plenty of gain in a pod to drive a power amp. In my case I'm using a Crown CE1000 for power. Easy on the wallet and well built.

If I were going to use a POD in a live rig, it would have to be the rack mount version though. I have a very low tolerance for knob twiddling and for stuff that moves in a live situation. My J Station is strictly for studio use. My live Pre is racked.