1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BassPodXt as preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cams_Anthem, Oct 17, 2004.

1. I I've searches the threads but cant find anything. Can you use the Bass pod Xt with a power amp as a rig. Has anyone had any experience using a Bass Pod in this way? What were your thoughts? And as far as power amps go, what should i look at, just the wattage or are there other things to look for? So far i've only had experience with head/cab rigs. cheers

2. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    All the pods can me used as preamps. I don't know how well the perform as pres but they will work as a pre.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've used a bass pod pro for 3-4 years. It's ideal for recording and works very well when used as a preamp with a dedicated power amp..using it as an effects unit with a rack/head setup is where it kinda loses its appeal. But to answer your question...usng it with a power amp would do very well in my opinion.

4. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    yes, I am currently doing the same thing with my BDDI.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I've done the same with my J Station. Plenty of gain in a pod to drive a power amp. In my case I'm using a Crown CE1000 for power. Easy on the wallet and well built.

If I were going to use a POD in a live rig, it would have to be the rack mount version though. I have a very low tolerance for knob twiddling and for stuff that moves in a live situation. My J Station is strictly for studio use. My live Pre is racked.