Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BassRig.Net --Brand New--

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karrot-x, Apr 12, 2004.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hello, I have just started working on bassrig.net. It is going to be a site for users to find out what people use for their equipment *pro's and regular everyday bassists*. I'm currently working on the user management for it and then I will begin adding known musicians equipment. I would like to know what you guys think of the idea, and if anyone would like to assist me in finding the pro's info.

Thank you!

http://www.bassrig.net

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I really like the idea! Be sure to include a pro/con option for all the equipment people list, or at least ample room for commentary. If we'll be able to search by genre and/or equipment this could be a great tool for new players and experienced ones to hone their GAS with

Also, it would be cool if the 'featured artists' section on the left linked to pages on your site that described their rigs and whatnot. Although that sort of information will probably be on the site eventually, I'd rather get a load of Flea's rig when I click his name rather than the front page of redhotchilipeppers.com. Great idea with this, good luck!

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Thank you, featured artists will go to their page on the site when I actually have things up there :). The user management will allow you to upload two rig pictures and describe all of your information. The pro's and con's would be nice touch and I plan on making the search go by genre, last name, first name, and possibly by company. This will take a long time to complete but I think I'm going to really like it when I'm done.

4. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Looks cool. I'm in, thanks.

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Great, any other tips you guys can think of?

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    get the guitargeek.com database on. looks awsome man.

7. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Have you thought about classifieds? I'm sure it would boost traffic. Maybe you did consider it and decided not to go that route.

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

9. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    G ear A cquisition S yndrome

10. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah ha!!! Thanks...

11. It's a serious medical condition that affects hundreds of thousands of musicians worldwide. It cannot be cured, only treated with the purchase of expensive, usually uneccessary pieces of musical equipment.

12. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Well, what's up over at BassRig.net? Looks like the forums self-destructed but the front page is intact. I thought it was coming together really well.

Please keep us posted.
    Arranger

13. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Will there be ethics discussions?

14. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Working on incorperating the user system with the forum to keep everything nice and peachy and it blew itself up. I re-did everything and made a backup of this point. I'm guessing I did something a little to much and this time will be more careful. By tomorrow at 9 PM EST users should be able to add their rig information. It will contain 2 images, genre, name, years of experience, and a description of your rig.

15. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    ? .....oh wow... I had no clue you had this site. The idea came purely from a discussion with my drummer last practice. Your sites information seems to be pretty accurate, and we could use more people finding info. Would you like to help?

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    After viewing more of your site it seems you don't want users to post their rigs, and you apparently "won't post every single 14 year old's Squire P-Bass and little Peavey Combo Amp" as we will. One important thing in the bass player community is that not everyone is a pro and 85% will never become one. Just because Mr. Hotshot has $15,000 worth of effects does not mean the average joe needs to. Bassrig.net will help find what others use to get their tone pro and average joe so people can get the best of both worlds.

17. Whoa, dude, what's wrong with a Squire P-Bass and a 300watt Peavey Combo? I've been playing for 7 years and that's my setup, some of us can't afford anything more.

18. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah... I have all the signs of it.

19. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Nothing, which is why BassRig.net is here for you :). Hopefully by 9 PM EST today users will be able to upload their rigs.