Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basstasters.com 4 string slap riff.

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Toasted, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've been trying most of the morning to get it, but i cant. Can someone help me out? Cheers.

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    That is a cool little riff. I play it when warming up. :)

I'd help you out, but I won't have my bass until tonight.

3. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the verse from "Aeroplane" by RHCP. I think there's a tab in the archive.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    www.mxtabs.net

here go to bass, then RHCP and then aeroplane.
    in basstasters its really plain but the real thing its super hard to get ALL the variations on the verse, its like les claypool but less acid.

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    If you just play the roots, isn't it also Dr. Dre's Let Me Ride (which was put out 3 years earlier)? If it is - wasn't that just a sample of a PFunk line? Flea was not being so original me thinks...

6. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA

Hmmm...will have to check that out. Flea does have a kickin' solo and adds a lot more to anything of Dre's usual bass lines though, so I'd still consider it pretty original. And yes, "Let me Ride" was originally a P-Funk line.

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI

Check it out, I think you'll be surprised. All Balzary does is add the octave pops (and granted some other neat little fills too). Don't have my bass handy but I believe it's G, A, A#, Db, C, D, D#,D. Sure Flea's solo is pretty cool, but he shouldn't get any credit for the line IMO.

8. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    That's cool. I'll check it out. Wouldn't be too surprised.

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    this kind of post make my life get a little bit more sour each time...
    im getting no ilutions lastly, i should start listening to propper funk any advise?

10. Underdog

Underdog

Apr 10, 2005
    Tennessee
    could someone nice enough tab that out for me? im terrible at writing my own for now. but im working on it and thats a pretty cool riff i wanna learn to play today.

11. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    www.mxtabs.net