Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basstasters

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rathervague, Dec 6, 2004.

1. rathervague

rathervague

Oct 13, 2004
    I'm sure many of you know about www.basstasters.com but for those of you who don't, go check it out. They have sound clips of different basses and preamps.

2. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
    Yep.. that was done by fellow TB'er Vanselus! (I'd sure love to learn his slapping or chording doodles.. they sound cool. :)

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Hey thanks man. The slap is just a tidbit of Aeroplane from the Chili Peppers & the chord thing is a version of "I Remember You" that my bass teacher Randy McCluskey arranged. The groove is a lick from a former band of mine called CHP.

4. Yes, very nice job and thank you.

I guess you made a conscious decision not to put your own comments up, just to let the clips speak for themselves, but it'd be cool to hear the opinion of someone who has carefully compared so much gear. Aguilar is more X than Epifani. Sadowsky has not as much Y as Lakland. Whatever. How does the stuff taste? Not how good is it, since the whole site is pretty much top-end stuff, but what's the flavor in your opinion.

5. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I have it on good authority that Todd will be getting a GK 1001RB-II head on loan from GK to record sometime soon.

- Ugly

6. rathervague

rathervague

Oct 13, 2004
    Awesome! I was about to ask for a GK sample!

7. Todd's personal rig is a custom Rogue setup.

8. rathervague

rathervague

Oct 13, 2004
    Now if only I could find a place in socal to hear that newer yorkville/traynor stuff.