1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassybill ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I think you've been outdone :bag:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24578915

2. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    He's not brought them much luck - wonder if he'll stay away if they win without him? :D

3. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    I think most clubs will have that handful of utterly dedicated fans who never miss a game, home or away.

I know Evertonians who haven't missed a game in decades, but they live close to the ground and have jobs that facilitate the expenditure and time off work.

However, it's always more impressive when fans like the one in the OP make long pilgrimages for home games.

He must have a desperately depressing home life if following Wolves all over the place for the last few years has been preferable. :)

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    There was a Wolves fan a few years back living on the Isle of Wight who never missed a game. Craziness.

There's also a fan setup called Swedish Wolves who come over from Scandinavia several times a season. They always invade my local dressed as Vikings and get totally chemist. They're a fun bunch of guys to have a few beers with.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I have never heard that expression before, unless you mean they show up dressed as Vikings and perform chemistry experiements.

6. Over here, we typically call a pharmacy "the chemist's". That might clarify the meaning a bit :p

7. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Makes me think of these guys...

8. Pharmacy = drugstore.

9. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
  10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    ^that is pretty damn cool.

11. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    I was just coming on to post that link! Nice end to the story.

12. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I thought so as well, especially when you consider that Bully had to make a 300 plus miles round trip to do it. (I've met him a couple of times, by the way - he's well known to fans for being a really nice bloke.)

Good to see it made BBC national news,too, and not just the local press.

13. That's awesome!

14. MartinG1957

MartinG1957 You can never have too many bones....

Aug 5, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Ah that's a brilliant story - good on ya Bully and Wolves :)
    And what a supporter!

15. I hope the bride was another fan.

16. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I love the caption under the second pic mentioning how Bully scored 102 goals for Wolves in just his first two seasons at the club. Read that again. 102 goals in two seasons. That's pretty impressive in any context.

17. Who would have thought that Wolves could have scored over 100 goals in two seasons :bag:

Very impressive tally!