Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bats!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassguitar, Feb 13, 2006.

1. So I get a call at 7:30 last night that there's a bat flying around our studios/office.

They were able to corrale it in a boardroom, but it's not there this morning! It's probably up in the vents. The office has now been dubbed Wayne Manor.

I brought a pillow case today in hopes to catch it! I'll let you know what happens!

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

That's cool. It happens from time to time. Back about 10 years ago, I had an attic bedroom in a two floor apartment. My upstairs roommate left the door to the crawlspace open...and when I turned the light on in my room at midnight, upon getting home, there were 3 black missiles of death shooting around my tiny room!

It's also happened in my current apartment once...and we've never figured out where he got in since the house was all closed up and has none of the usual points of entry or exit for such creatures.

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    What kind of bat is it? A little brown bat wont be so bad. But if its a large fruit bat it could hurt ya. I have done alot of caving.

4. I have no idea what kind it is as I haven't seen it.

Is it strange for a bat to show up on a 5th floor office building in Toronto? Maybe not. The building's very old.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Do you have goths nearby?

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Good question! And no its not strange it would do this. It probably is just seeking a person to drink from!:p

7. Iwould't worry about it. At least, not until you see someone who looks like Bella Legosi.:D

Rock on
    Eric

8. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    LOL @ Legousi(sp?). Anyone ever see Ed Wood ?

"Karloff....?! Sidekick.......!? F*CK YOU !"
    Great Movie quote :D

9. You know, a couple of years ago I watched a program on PBS that had actual video of bats drinking blood off a couple of people. They were out debunking myths, but vampire bats are the real deal and do go after people (at least occasionally) - CREEPY!

10. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    BAT COUNTRY by AVENGED SEVENFOLD

(sorry i just had to say it)

11. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I wouldn't use a pillowcase to catch it. Those things often carry rabies.

You can get good distance with them using a tennis racket, though (we used to have them living in the eaves of our roof).

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Yeah, you need to get your pillowcases vaccinated.:eyebrow:

We actually used to have bathouses in our pecan tree out back.(They're gone because we had to cut the tree down. *Heavy sigh*) Bats eat insane quantities of mosquitoes so I was happy to have a few Mexican Freetails living in the neighborhood.

13. Genius.
    LMFAO!!

;)

14. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Haha. Once ... in chess camp... there was a bat in the house. I couldnt believe what those crazy people did.... they caught it in a towel and beat it to death. well.. first they had to beat it so much it couldnt fly anymore... then they beat it to death.:scowl:

15. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    A pillowcase isn't sturdy, you could get bit through it. We normally left the bats alone, but not when they were getting into the house.

16. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Not a surprise. You know how violent those chess players are.:p

17. No sign of them yet.

Hopefully they've gone to another floor of the building!

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    [​IMG]

19. dumbassist

dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    Yea Xibanez4lifeX!!!
    Too Many Doses and im starting to get an attraction...
    hahaha
    too bad the're turning mainstream thou...
    Damn Media...

20. This is what happens to bats at my place![​IMG]