batterie problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by liljawn, Jul 30, 2009.

  1. Hey, my six strings pre amp runs off of 2 9volts its sucking them dry like crazy. Are there any other options possibly rechargeable 9volts. Anyone ran into this problem? I've been trying to unplug my cable when not playing sometimes I forget though.

    Also on a side note when I touch my basses strings with my hands or course skin I can not feel a shock. Soft skin though like like my upper inside arm you ll feel the shock is this normal?
  2. SGD Lutherie

    SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

    Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The only advice I can give is use quality alkaline batteries. Don't use "heavy duty" and stay away from cheap brands.

    And unplug your cable.

    That's a string grounding issue, and has to do with your amp. If the amp has a three pin grounded plug, make sure it's plugged into a grounded outlet. If it doesn't, and has a "ground switch", try switching that.

    If both of those things don't work, bring it to a tech to have a look at it.
  3. Thanks very helpful and informative you my friend rule.
  4. LarryO


    Apr 4, 2004
    batterie problem ? I know what the problem is
  5. grifff


    Jan 5, 2009
    Unplug the bass when you're not using it.