Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Batteries in a Spector

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 8, 2006.

1. anyone else have a spector with the bass pump circutry? im asking because im trying to figure out how long i should go between replacing the batteries.

and is it putting a plug in the jack that turns the circut on? i would assume so because when i left the plug in over night the battery died. im just trying to figure out for sure.:eyebrow:

thnks guys
    -ev

2. If you practice and gig fairly regularly, your looking at changing them three times a year, tops.

And I'm not sure if its JUST plugging it in, or wether it has to be plugged in as well as the amp on. Was your amp on? But yes, a full over-nighter will suck that battery dry.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Once the cord is plugged into the guitar, the circuit is engaged and power is consumed...

4. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    I don't have a the tone pump, but overnight seems pretty fast to drain the battery (ies?) unless they were arlready nearly gone.

If you can make it three or four months without needing to change it, and you are actually playing the bass during that time, it seems like that would be many more hours use than an overnight.

5. I've got the Tone Pump circuit in my Spector. Wanted to replace it for something nicer, but then realized it was just the GAS talking and realized that I love how it sounds. I got the bass probably 6 months ago, haven't replaced the battery yet, and have left it plugged in all night a number of times. I'm going to change it before March rolls around, but know that at least in my instance, the battery lasts a while in those basses.

6. well im guessing the battery was nearly gone (it was the factory batery when i changed it)

7. Well, your looking at like 8 hours (or if your lazy, it could be upto like, what, 13?:D ) straight of that battery running with out a chance to stop, plus the time you spent playing it since you got the bass.