Batteries Taste Good

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Mar 7, 2002.

1. 1-9

54 vote(s)
  2. 10-19

4 vote(s)
  3. 20-29

0 vote(s)
  4. 30+

0 vote(s)
  1. Is it just me or do you have to buy ALOT of 9-volt batteries each month??? I mean I have to change 10 different 9-volt batteries. I have 6 effect pedals and two basses which require 3 batteries together,plus a tuner. All you guys with tons of active basses must have to buy in bulk.

P.S. I got the name of my post because I had just taken a batterie out of my Stingray and for some strange reason I tasted it, and it shocked me.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

Though, if I had some money...around 4 or 5, at least.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    of 9 custom basses that require batteries, 3 require 2 batteries. so that's 12 - i've got adapters for everything else.
  4. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    I always lick 9V batteries

..anyway ,I think the laws of physics cease to apply in my house.I've had the batteries in my acoustic bass and tuner in near constant use for about 6 months!

..must be those 9V battery fairies again.:rolleyes:
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I use rechargeables only.
  6. Rechargeables are definitely the way to go. I use 'em for everything. I prefer Radio Shack rechargeable 9V Ni CAD's (the blue ones). On my Pandora PX3B which requires AA's, I use Radio Shack rechargeable NI MH batteries (the copper ones). After trying out many other brands, I find these to be the best. They aren't cheap, but they pay for themselves in the long run.
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I use Panasonic 9V NiMH 160mAh, they cost 10$ a piece.
    I have 2 replacements in a electronic recharger with pulse-charging, overcharge protection, the works.
    So I paid roughly 60$ all in all, but I use this for more than 3 years, in which I would've used probably 36 batteries for 3$ each (probably more than 50 if I count the ones for wireless too).

So I saved at least 30$ and did something good for the environment.

BTW: Never had a power failure onstage or elsewhere.
  8. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I use 3:

- One for the bass

- One for the overdrive pedal

- One for the tuner.

But hey, I don´t change bateries every month....
  9. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    1 for the SABDDI
  10. actually none at the moment.
  11. I'm not saying that u change your batteries every month I just couldn't think of another increment.
  12. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    2 basses x 2 9 volts = 4
    +1 bass x 1 9 volt = 5
    +1 tuner x 1 9 volt = 6
    +1 Pandora x 4 AA = 10
    +1 wireless x 1 9 volt = 11

Eleven. Guess that about covers it.

James L. Martin
  13. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Just 3 (1 for each of my basses).
    All my effects run from my switchmode power supply.

14. 3 batteries,
    1 for distortion
    1 for EQ
    1 for Flanger

I have 2 passive basses, no active basses.

My tuner takes 2 AA batteries, and they haven't been changed in over a year.

My EQ is battery-less at the moment, and the battery in my flanger is nearly dead.
  15. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I've had my tuner (9Volt) for over 7 years, I've never needed to change the battery, (and for the first 6 months I had my fretless I always had it on, plugged into my amp, for the entire show).

I have one bass with active pickups, I've never changed the battery.

Stupid question alert! How do you know when to change the battery on your bass?!.
  16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I just changed my battery today. Oddly enough, the old battery was still pretty strong, maybe it's a psychological thing.

Anyway, if you haven't had your bass for long and you never changed the battery, you might want to pop a new one in there to see if there's any variation in tone or volume. Generally the output lowers as the battery loses power. You might be compensating by changing settings on your amp or the change is too subtle to notice over a long period of time. Putting a brand spanking new battery in and A/B'ing between the two will let you know what you're missing, if anything.
  17. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks!
  18. arrrrghhhhh. I thought this was actually a poll on the taste of batteries. oh well.
  19. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    A crapload of ppl die every year cuz they licked a battery...don't have any exact number, but its in the hundreds.
  20. that's interesting. How can you die from licking a battery?