Batteries with longest life!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by semborg, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Which battereis do you find has the longest life?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

rechargeables - which I switched to early on cause unlike most of the stories I heard, I was getting a week or two out of a duracell/whatever.

I've more than paid for the batteries and charger over the past couple of years, and still have and use all the recharegeable batteries I bought. Even though I've chucked the onboard preamps I still use them for active pups, pedals, and general household. The only way to go too for my dig cam that sucks batteries.
  3. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    I don't get it. A 9V Duracell in my StingRay lasts well over a year.

I use rechargeables for many things around the house (cameras, phones, camcorders, etc.), but I never felt the need to use one in my bass because a regular old Duracell lasts so darned long.
  4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    A week or two????

Dude, unplug the bass when you are not using it. Or possibly replace the output jack. Maybe your switch isn't/wasn't opening when you unplugged.

I only put about 3 hours a week on my Thumb but have yet to replace the battery in almost a year.

FWIW I did turn the gain down on the preamp so it is only a bit louder than in bypass mode. Maybe give that a shot too.

5. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    The cheapest alkaline I can get. Duracells are probably the best, but they're not THAT much better, IMO. However, I often can find an alkaline that's less than half the price of a Duracell.

I'll take a 60% reduction in price for a battery with a 10% - 20% shorter life. I'll simply buy two, and those two will outlast a single Duracell. :cool:

The rechargeables are a good idea, but one of the problems is that they lose power just sitting (at least the NiMH ones). So even though your bass is unplugged, the battery is weakening, and will usually go dead in a month or two....
  6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Duracell Procell... buy 'em in bulk, pay about $1.00 apiece and they last almost a year apiece.
  8. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I don't know if you can use these in your bass or f/x, but I use Energizer E2 Lithium batteries in my Digital Camera, and they last a loooooooong time! They last as long or longer than the batteries that came with the camera.

Can you put Lithium batteries in bass and/or f/x? I'm guessing that you can; however, I'm not sure. I have a P-bass (passive) and my f/x are A/C.

Lithium costs a little more (you know what coming next...), but they're worth it.

9. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Duracell ultralife :)