1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Battery Box Troubleshooting. (Yamaha RBX 774)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by VacantPlanets, Mar 27, 2013.

1. I'm new here, 1st post :cool:

Ok, I need help figuring out what's wrong with my new (used) bass. I was tuning it with an electric tuner (I'm deaf in one ear, I can't pick up any tone, but more on that another day) And it wasn't picking anything up, so I plugged it into my amp, and again nothing, so I check the battery box and i see that the 9 volt doesn't seem to fit at all, it seems nothing is broken in it, is there A certain way i have more or less force it into place? I'll upload some pics so you guys here can see what I'm talking about. Edit: I spoke with some people, and It reminded me of something, it's just like A R/C Remote that takes A 9 volt, those prongs inside need to pryed into a spring-like formation. But I'm not 100% on that, so I will wait for input from the experts on this forum. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I didnt see the sticky, and i now realize i posted this in the wrong topic, relocated to pickups.