Battery compartment?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by msquared, Oct 17, 2004.

1. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    My Modulus has an active preamp, but on mine there is no compartment to hold the battery or even anything to hold the battery in place. It bugs me that there's a battery flopping around in there with the wires but I'm not quite sure what to do about it, other than to just sacrifice onboard tone control and go passive all the time. Has anyone dealt with this before? What did you do? Ideally I'd send away to Dingwall for a set of their battery compartment parts and break out the dremel, but I doubt that's an option. :)
  2. Velcro! Great for everything from batteries to pedals to powerbars, etc. Don't leave home without it.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  4. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Since I hate those plastic battery compartments I had my local luthier route a battery compartment with a brass cover attached by 2 machine screws into threaded bushings.

It wasn't cheap (about $150.00) but the end result was quite nice and I'll never ever have to open up the control cavity again.
  5. Yep, velcro is great. You can glue it or screw it in place. You can even make a velcro strap attached to the floor of the control cavity to wrap around the battery.