Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

battery life on Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sleazylenny, Jul 1, 2002.

1. sleazylenny

sleazylenny

Jun 20, 2002
    Mpls, MN
    I was just reading the great passive vs. active debate over in setup and it brought a few questions to my mind. Mebbe you can help.

What is the average life of a battery in a "Ray? I've got the three band model and gig two, maybe three nights every weekend. I 've never had my bass "die" on me due to battery failure, but I'm curious if the tone degrades as the battery loses juice.

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I've had the battery in my SR5 for about 6 months and it still seems fine. I gig about once or twice a month rehearse once a week and practice everyday for about an hour Your mileage may vary.

3. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    I've got a 5 string ray,and all my other basses are active...the first thing you'll hear when the battery is going bye-bye is distortion.That's because as the battery slowly drains,the preamp loses the headroom it needs to produce a clean signal..To avoid that,I replace my batteries every 3 months,whether they need to be replaced or not...also,don't leave your cable plugged into the bass when you're not playing(like over-night as a habit). That'll drain the battery reeeal quick