Battery- Not the good Metallica kind

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Sep 19, 2002.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    This fall marks my first semester at Columbia college (transfer), which is located just south of the loop in downtown Chicago. I went down there today on an exploratory mission to see if I had gotten all my public transporation routes down, and to find the buildings my classes are in.

So I'm walking down the street, minding my own business, and trying not to look like a kid from the suburbs who is misplaced in the city. It must not have worked because an obviously homeless individual approached me and asked a question that I didn't understand. I asked him what he said, and then, out of nowhere, he jacks me in the jaw!
    "I just asked you for some cigarettes, mother******!" he said, as he backed off and ran down the street.

I wish I could say I jumped into action and did... something, but honestly, I just kinda stood there and made sure my jaw was still attached. (It was.) There were no cops around, so I went about my business and when I came out of the campus building there was a bike officer busting some guy for something, and she called over a squad. He let me jump in his cruiser and we went down a few blocks to see if we could find him. We didn't, unfortunatly, and according to the police report, I'm now a "Battery victim". Wacky city.
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Based on accounts from Columbia students that have transferred to my school, Columbia sounds like it's in a rough spot. I'm at Penn in west Philly, which really sucks IMO, but it's my understanding that they've fortified the security presence a great deal over the years. At any rate, metro campuses most definitely keep you on your toes. I hope someone locks up that no good bum that hit ya someday. Just another menace to society...
  3. here in egypt some homeless women cut off their baby's arms or feet or any even let a car run over their body parts
    all this just so the kids can get enough money from sympathy when they grow up
    thank god all that **** stopped during the 1990's
    so now those handicapped dudes just ANNOYINGLY walk with you to whereever your'e headed and keep on begging for money
    if you dont give them anything they swear/curse you or anything
    not to get the wrong idea of egypt, this stuff only happens in the lower class area's.
    but egypt itself is quite cool
  4. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Well, now you have a interesting conversation starter.

"Yep, I'm a battery victim."

*cue Metallica song*

Sorry that it happened though.

5. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Yikes! Talk about tough love! I guess that is better than the acid-throwing problem in India. Good to hear that it doesn't happen any more.
  6. I"m glad I live on the west coast. OSU is in a small town (Corvalis) and makes up about 35% of the population. It's nice to go to a school where you knwo you have an entire town to back you up.:D

Rock on