Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battle of the 2x15 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hetsscaryguy, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Eden 2x15XLT

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. Ampeg SVT 2x15E

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    Okay what are your opinions of the Eden 2x15XLT cab versus the Ampeg SVT 2x15E. Now i dont want to hear complaints of the ampeg because it is 130lbs weight. i want the two amps voted for purely on sound.

the sound im going for is Heavy(modern metallica)/Thrash(old metallica/slayer)/Rap(Rage) Metal meets classic rock/metal(thin lizzy/sabbath) with a blend good rock(audioslave/the frames/green day). Quite a broad range to be covered there and for the solos a bit of a bluesy sound. I intend to get a GK2001RB to power the cab along with an Ampeg 8x10 which i hope will give a nice classic sort of sound.

I was initially thinking the eden but now im starting to think that the ampeg might be better. so whats your opinions?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i know you didnt ask, and i'm not sure if you can get them over there, but............
    a pair of bag end S15-Ds would probably walk all over either of those cabs. :D

3. i know you didnt ask, and i'm not sure if you can get them over there, but............
    Bergantino's NV cabs are mighty fine.

4. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    im pretty sure you cant get either of them over here. but then again you cant get an eden 2x15 aswell (thats coming from music 123 if i go with it)

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
  6. The Eden is an insane cab, It is the best thing I've ever heard in my life. If thick warm sound is what you want, it's your cab.

7. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Again, I dont if you could get one there, but the bergantino nv cabs sound like what your looking for. Of the bands you listed, the nv425 would be perfect. Maybe two... :eek: :bassist: :bassist:

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    A Bergantino vote here too :bassist:

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Out of those two, I would absolutely pick the Eden.

If you don't mind used, I love my 2x15 Trace Elliot cab and you should be able to find them in Ireland. I play music from classic rock up to Slayer and Pantera and this cab sounds excellent with any style.

10. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    ok next question how do you think the eden would sound if it was powered by a GK 2001RB along with an ampeg 8x10 cab.

11. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    loud :eek:

12. I have several Bergs including the NV610 and it's whoopin'
    I've heard the same about the NV215 and I'm sure the NV425 would scorch your bottom too. Check em out.

13. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    yeah i thought it might be a little loud pickles. well my neighbours are going to hate me anyway. :)