1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

battle of the bands - 1st time

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by g00eY, Apr 8, 2006.

1. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    so i just played at a battle of the bands today, and it was our first time ever doing something like this. it was just me, the guitarist, and the drummer from our worship team at church, plus this cool electric guitarist from another church. it was a church sponsored event, but there were no rules as to what songs we could play. we played some Coldplay, Switchfoot, and some worship songs.

the thing about this was that we only practiced like 3 hours total, and none with the electric guitarist. we also had maybe 1/2 hour unplugged of figuring out progressions and transitions. our electric guitarist was so good, he's a nice guy and he fit perfectly into OUR style, and didn't go off on his own.

we didn't win, but i think we at least came close (especially for 3.5 hours of practice). hey, it was a first time, no worries here. we agreed that we were pretty tight for the time we practiced. my arms did get really cold and i sucked (IMO from what i heard on stage), but it was a good experience overall.