Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battle of the bands in a month. Help us choose an awesome song.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkMasterMile, Aug 3, 2003.

1. FunkMasterMile

FunkMasterMile

Sep 1, 2002
    MN
    me and my band mates have a battle of the bands to attend in 1 month. we are having trouble brainstorming ideas for good songs to play. if you could just make a few suggestions as to a song or two that would make you drop your jaw if you heard play,i would be very grateful. remember nothing is too hard.
    -thanks-

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    "Flight of the Bumblebee" played in unison.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Meaning, play every note in flight of hte bumblebee simaltaneously and sustain for the duration of the song :D :D :D ;)

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I take it you are permitted to play covers of songs in that battle. Some Battles of Bands only allow original music.

As you want to play covers, I think your best bet is to get a read on the judges' music preferences. Or at least know what the audience will likely support. Don't play heavy metal covers if it is primarily a country music crowd for example. Know your audience to please them.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    "Rift", by Phish.
    "UFO TOFU" Bela Fleck & Flecktones
    "Havona" Weather Report.

By the way, your thread title sucks. Lemme fix that...