1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Battle of the Bands Stories

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by 5intheface, Mar 15, 2005.

1. it's part of the business to be a prick. how do you think the sex pistols got their fame? music today is about what's popular and kissing your fan's @$$es by writing what you think they'd love. you should write for yourself

2. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry bud, your just acting like a moron...

3. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Calm down 5intheface. If you don't want to be labled as arrogent don't act it. Some people pointed out that you came off as arrogent and disrespectful in your story and you go and throw a fit, further backing their theory that you're an *******. Please calm down and again if you don't want people to call you arrogent don't act it. You said you didn't care what a bunch of people on an internet forum said in a previous post, well if you didn't care then why are you making a big deal out of it?

4. I did'nt mind your little story,... The fact that your amp got unplugged was funny.. I did'nt come here to bash anyone.. But it seems you did.. Looks like your full of yourself, most of the reason this forum is here,is for feedback which you obviously can take. Feedback isn't always positive...
    If some dork cut me off I would have told him to shove it and wait in line like an adult.. That's the way of life... no one here really gives you respect because you've stripped it from yourself..
    Even if I cringe at a band, everyone gets the same respect and time...

Obviously if my favorite band was after some crappy "tab-junkie" band I would want them to hurry the *** up...
    I'm not a geezer for ch**ts sake I'm 20,,.. But with an attitude like that you may get a record deal but, people would eventually realize your a knob... not a cool-cat :bawl:
    lol

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'm willing to bet every other band thinks theirs is the best, and your band sucks too. Get over yourself.

According to YOU, and your OPINION

Wanking can be much more abrasive to listen to than 3 chords. "Way beyond"? Again, get over yourself.

Excuses for every application.....at least you are consistent.

Wow, pretty freakin' rude. Not only that, but you cut off another band so you guys can wank and show off and waste time before you even start. That wank time could have been spent by the other band finishing their set instead of noodling around. Very unprofessional. You guys were pushing others out of the way so you can get started, yet you aren't even tuned up yet and ready to go? Again, unprofessional. I can't tell you how disrespectful, rude, and arrogant that crap you pulled was. Had that been me, with a PA in front of me, you'd probably have been pretty embarrassed by what I would have to say.

Easy as "3 chord punk" you ripped on for not being difficult enough?

What issues? It sounds like the only issues at the gig were due to your impatience, disrespect, and rotten ego. Glad you think you rule.

6. Mike A

Mike A

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Yep, I agree. Pretty immature. I doubt I'd have taken it as well as the other band did. Are you sure you're not a guitarist?

7. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Are you mellowing out Tim? I can't belive you were that nice.

Rusty

8. I, for one, thank 5intheface for reminding me that when it comes to music, I should always be most concerned with:

1) competition
    2) impressing non-musicians
    3) how much I rule

I was under the mistaken impression that it should be fun.

Thanks again for setting things straight.

9. This isn't "the business," it's a frickin' talent show.

The Sex Pistols got their fame by being "raw, outrageous and crude," having kickass rock music, and having an "image" and personality, not just by being weenies to everyone in sight.

Being successful is about being "popular." It's about "the attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence." If you're concerned about winning, as 5intheface clearly is, take your audience into account. If you're into artistic integrity, don't blame everyone else for you being bitter about "battle of the bands."

10. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    "Lme-O".... "Noob" ... "Rocket Power" .....Whats this guy talkin about? whered did all this come from

5intheface EGO = Big EGO

11. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    All I can add is wow, you have some maturing to do.

12. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Time Cole:1 5intheface: 0

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021