Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battle Of The Bands (update from previous thread)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by floydbass, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Well my band actually won the battle of the bands. We are called "Somewhere in the Middle" We play Jazz, Jazz Fusion, and Funk. All the other bands were either Emo bands or Death Metal Screamers. I am totally psyched that we won. I even signed two "groupie's: shirts. Home made "Somewhere in the Middle is for Lovers" shirts. :hyper: :bassist:

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Too Cool!!!!!

My band, Sonic Prophet, plays that style of music as well and it's good to hear that you won out over the emo/screamo kids...how much did you pay the audience??? :eyebrow: (kidding, of course...congrats again!!!)

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    What do ya know... my new band is called Somewhere Between!

Congrats on your win.

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...any takers on a band called The Mean, Median Mode???? :rollno:

5. Actually the entire audience loved us, they screamed for like 1 minute before we could start to play. Our friends made "Somewhere in the Middle is for lovers" T shirts. And people we "skanking" and dancing while we were playing chamelion. The only people that didn tlike us were the heavy metal kids that were there for the screamers.

6. Kaboom

Kaboom

Jun 13, 2005
    Congrats man!! awesome to hear u kicked some "check us out we can make enough noise to get permanent tinnitus by the time we are 21" ass.
    Its really nice to hear that there ARE people out there who appreciate propper music!
    keep it up!
    cheers!

7. Congradulations on the victory. Our band recently was in the New jersey battle of the bands, unfortunately, the judges in the regional finals prefered looks over sound. They had bands moving on becuase they were wearing matching outfits. Also, they prefered screamo over jam bands. A while after the show we saw the score chart and found out that us and the other not so much jam band, but not punk or screamo band came in last place. The croud went crazy because of the decision, but hey, what can you do. Once again, congrats! I'm glad your band along with the genre of music prevailed.