Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battle of the boxes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Feb 8, 2003.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    yo peeps um staight to the point
    zoom607 bass RRP £100
    zoom708 bass RRP £150

i want to get the 607 coz i found it for 85
    but the man in da shop showed me da 708
    i know it is better coz it takes smart media cards and has a bigger graphical screen and all of that yeah. but wot i wanna know is that is it worth going up the extra £50 or not
    --------------------peace------------------------

2. Yes . It is .

3. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Excluding names, numbers and abbreviations, only 76.6% of the words you used exist or were spelled correctly. In a 77 word post, you used one piece of punctuation, to end a sentence that is passive, runs on and has 2 other errors.

I suggest for any greater an answer than Aaren was nice enough to give, you try to make it more legible. In addition, I suggest you find out how to use the search function of this site so that you can avoid redundant questions such as this.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Whilst Monty's post might come across as harsh (and look whose talking) the fact is that most of us speak and write proper English. Many TBers are not English mothertongue and sorry to say their grammer and spelling is better than the first post on this thread.

OK lecture over

All of the Zoom plastic boxes are attempts to cram in as many effects into a cheap package. So value to for 'effect' they are fine. So if you want a toy then either will do and yes the more expensive one will be 'better'. Thats because its designed to be.

So looking at your sound holistically, what do you want to do?

DO you want weird sounds occaisionally?

Do you want a better sound generally?

Single effects or a decent DI/preamp will only do a limited amount of effects but do that one (ot two) thing well.

The sansamp Bass Driver will give you a DI and tone/distortion controls. You can use your amp as a monitor and on those gigs where you use someone elses amp (you'd be suprised how often this can happen) you get a consistant sound.

An envelope filter or autowah will give you some whacky quacky sounds. There are plenty about
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/searc...d=434575&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

also have a gander at this lot http://www.talkbass.com/forum/searc...d=434578&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending