Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

battle of the effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Boss Me-50b vs. Boss hm-2, EHX Big Muff, EHX Mini Q-tron, dunlop 105q wah on a boss pedal board thing :D

2. i'd go with the ME-50b, just because i like the all-in-one package...fewer cable and battery/ac adaptor problems for me...

3. i tried the me-50 yesterday...love the + and - octave thingy and the kick drum n stuff...but the quams i had with it, cos i hate using presets, i preferred to think of it as 3 pedals and a wah, if i wanted to use different distortions, id have to bend down and change it, where if i had the muff and hm-2 i wouldnt, but if i had the seperate pedals i wouldnt have all the extra bells n whistles.....its all very confusing

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Could you speak proper English? I'm trying to understand you and it's rather difficult.

5. im not english....learn aussie :p :D

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    :smug:

7. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    You can get a momentary footswitch like the Boss FS-5U and use that to change up through the banks. That should get rid of one of your negatives about the me-50b.

8. i just dont like patches and banks...thats why i was attracted to the me-50...KNOBS!

9. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    HM-2 et-al over the ME-50B... I prefer single effects over multi-effects, becuase then I can add them in as I want to add them in.

I also find that with some brands (EHX, MXR) with large knobs, you can make adjustments.. with your feet..

10. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I like my GT-6B because if i want to use more than one effect and quickly go to another set of effects, I don't need to dance over a buncha pedals.

11. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    That's where the True Bypass Looper comes into it ;)

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The perfect balance still hasn't been reacher.
    ie, a multieffect unit that would allow banks and programs with any needed effet in a single box, as well as easy and intuitive editing on the fly like pedals.
    That would lead to the panel of a 70s analog synth.