Battle Of The Envelopes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. which filter is the most 'outrageous' and by that i mean, most env pedals ive tried didnt "wah" enough for me

MXR Bass Auto Q
    EHX Bass Balls
    EHX Q-tron
    Digitech Synth Wah
    DOD Env
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    There's a whole thread on this. I was gonna ask this same question, but I just did a search.
  3. im too lazy to search
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm too lazy to help you.
  5. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    hey a fellow aussie!

the only filter i own is the ehx bassballs (Russian).. its simple but cool. if you are a muse fan, it nearly 100% nails that filter sound from plug-in baby.

i tried the DOD fx25b which is quite popular in these forums, i wasnt a huge fan, but it wasnt bad.

you might want to try the dunlop 105Q bass crybaby. apparently the MXR Auto Q is quite squelchy.

you might want to check this out too.. man those samples sound awesome:
  6. i cant really stand muse, or coldplay for that matter :p

but back to the topic at hand, im tryin to go for a more bootsy vibe, but take his effect to the next level
  7. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    eww dont put muse and coldplay in the same boat! anyway i heard that bootsy used an electroharmonix micro bass synthesiser and they get reasonable reviews round here too.
  8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    All of you but Petary should be hung by your toe nails for a public flogging... Seriously Heath, use the freaking search function you lazy sod!.

9. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Jacques Trinity ?

More than envellope filter, it's also a manual wah, an the pump can control the filters.

I'm waiting for mine. I'm sure it will blow away all the "Q" stuff I tested so far. :)
  10. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Thank you Tecx and Toasted.
  12. if you dont like my thread, dont post in it, its that simple, wanna whinge at me, do it in pm...geez, i though talkbass was a friendly place where questions could be answered in a sane manner....

anyway, ive never heard of those jacques pedals, we have a pretty limited selection of gear over here, but that trinity box looks rather nice, pretty cool idea as well, let me know how it goes when you get yours much was it if i may ask
  13. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The Digitech BSW has a nice auto wah. Plus you get the great octaver and vocalizer thrown in.
  14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Right, but when the question has been asked several hundred times before... and you then post that you're too lazy to search... it really doesn't make me want to help you much (laziness is a pet peeve)

There is so much useful information available in this forum archives. ... such as this envelope filter megathread:

If you read that you'll get a great idea on most of the envelope filters out there, if you try any new ones out not there add them to the thread!
  15. neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    I would go for the Digitech Bass Synth Wah. More than just an envelope filter. That thing has so much inside of it, it's not even funny.
  16. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    What's funny is the replies to "do a search" stretched the thread more than the actual responses relevant to the post.

So in a way, it's the "Use the search" replies that wasted bandwidth.

So did I after this post.
  17. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Most of the 'veteran' posters [and i include myself in that], especially here in Effects[BG] and Pickups[BG] are generally sick to the back teeth of the same threads coming up over and over and over, and then people getting arsey when told to do a search.

Every week, without exception there is an "omfg whats the best EV filter" and a "lets talk about the big muff, again" thread. Its boring - and more important, its totally redundant data. We cant add anything that hasnt been said before. So excuse us if we complain a little here and there, its a bit like when your crazy grandmother insists on telling you the same story about her cat every time you go and see her - frustrating!

If you want information on even the most crazy, rare and boutique pedals it is there in the archives. Read the old threads. We certainly dont need to talk about the Big Muff and EHX Mini Q again!
  18. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Having tried all the above pedals, except the trinity, I could give you a great report and comparision between them.

but I've done it 10 times before and can't be bothered to repeat myself.

19. Okay here's my vote.

Now heres my opinion. Some people come to online community forums to research and wade threw previous threads and opinions. Some people come to online community forums to have discussions with other people, hopefully in real time about whatever issues they are curious about. This effects forum does move rather slow considering i often see 15 or more people in here. If threads become "annoying", on any forum its a good sign you've been spending too much time on the forum reading 'repetative' information. It can always seem offensive when people try and instil their particular choices on others.
  20. I hate to close a thread just because of all the "do a search" posts. But this is, and distortion threads are ALWAYS being posted. You're bound to find something new in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.